Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Birth of America Gold

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Birth of America Gold Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Birth of America Gold - 12/12/2007 11:08:25 PM   
Farfarer61

Is there a release date?
Post #: 1
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/12/2007 11:16:39 PM   
wworld7

This came out last year I thought?

Yes, it's available in the store.

Flipper

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 2
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/12/2007 11:59:54 PM   
ravinhood

Lol this has been out for a year or so now. You just now catching up Farfarer? It's been onsale at various places for around $10 to $15 don't pay more.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 3
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 12:20:34 AM   
Hertston

Note the word 'Gold' before being a smartass.

According to Phillipe Thibaut as of a few weeks ago, February hopefully. That will be for the AGEOD release, and not necessarily the Matrix one if there is one (Erik?) There's supposed to be a cheap upgrade path for existing owners (Erik?)

< Message edited by Hertston -- 12/13/2007 12:21:02 AM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 4
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 12:20:43 AM   
Erik Rutins

No, he's talking about the "Gold" version that AGEOD is working on. We don't have any release plan for that at present, Farfarer. The latest I've heard is that AGEOD plans to finish it by February, 2008. More info here:

http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4145

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 5
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 4:07:02 AM   
ravinhood

Oh so they are going to throw some updates and patches into the old program and call it GOLD oh my mistake hahaha You have to have an expansion or two or three to have a GOLD edition. I don't see any expansions to BOA sorry. ;) Sounds like the donkey milkers of Paradox at work charging for patches and updates in some silly thing called Platinum edition which was nothing more than HOI patched to 1.06c and the FREE CORE mod included. lol Yeah that's some Platinum edition.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 4:22:38 AM   
Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Oh so they are going to throw some updates and patches into the old program and call it GOLD oh my mistake hahaha You have to have an expansion or two or three to have a GOLD edition. I don't see any expansions to BOA sorry. ;) Sounds like the donkey milkers of Paradox at work charging for patches and updates in some silly thing called Platinum edition which was nothing more than HOI patched to 1.06c and the FREE CORE mod included. lol Yeah that's some Platinum edition.

What you think is necessary to be called a 'gold' edition is irrelevant to the question posed in this thread.

You were wrong in your previous post and the answer to his question is that the game is projected to come out in february '08.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 7
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 5:43:07 AM   
wworld7

I was wrong also, I misunderstood what he was asking for.

This happens from time to time.

Yes, it may come as a shock, but not all dolphins are perfect. Sadly or perhaps happily some of us dolphins drink beer and Canadian whiskey. And we like it!!!

Happy Holiday's

Flipper

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 8
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 5:43:15 AM   
freeboy

I am waiting for the platinum edition lol

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 9
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 7:28:32 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I don't see any expansions to BOA sorry. ;)

It doubles the number of scenarios amongst many other goodies (map expansion, units, political/diplomatic options etc, etc). "Updates and patches"? Perhaps you would care to enlighten as as to what might constitute an expansion for a game with BoA's subject matter?

Anyway, RH drivel aside I'm really looking forward to this. $12 (or €9.99 including VAT) is an excellent price for the upgrade.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 10
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 8:05:10 AM   
ravinhood

Your money Herston waste it as you will. It's not a Matrixgames title and I don't like the engine anyways, so, really makes no difference to me when it's released and who wastes their money on it. ;)

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 11
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 9:41:35 AM   
Veldor

Oh come on now! I've spent more on a single meal at White Castles (Fast Food Restaurant). Course now that you mention it they do charge too much for cheesesticks these days.

I still wonder why half of these devs even bother to make wargames. It certainly isn't for the money. And with the way many are treated in the forums it certainly can't be for the praise either.

You may not like this game but for every $12.00 that they get the chances are increased that they will actually bother to make another game. One that you might actually like if not love.

Certainly thats worth something. The fact that you get all the other stuff with it for your $12.00... Even better.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 12
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 1:38:13 PM   
Twotribes

For not caring he sure keeps posting his opinion in here.

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 13
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/13/2007 5:18:44 PM   
ravinhood

Ahhh another who can't stay on topic but would rather attack someone instead. Ole Twotribes. One of the children of the forums. Now go back and pway wit your tinker toys.

@Veldor, they could add the moon into their games and I wouldn't like them. I don't like the combat system and I don't like the end of the turn combat results window. Worst game engine design I've ever seen. So you also can toss your money into the wind for yet another game you watch play itself while you just move some pieces around the maps.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 14
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/14/2007 2:03:00 AM   
Farfarer61

...and here I thought it was a safe question...

I wanted to know if it was worth while holding off for Gold as I am intrigued by the 1812-1814 scenario (done well). So, rather than buy a game and patching, and getting a few bonus scenarios, I thought I might wait and get the full meal deal.

With the original allegedly so cheap - maybe I will do both!

< Message edited by Farfarer -- 12/14/2007 2:08:36 AM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 15
RE: Birth of America Gold - 12/14/2007 2:46:02 AM   
ravinhood

Well if you're getting whatever this socalled bonus pak is along with the origional game for $12 bucks and you like this sort of system then yeah thas a good deal. Sorry, I'm just VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRy picky about my games and how they play and should play. It's my opinion and I'm stickin to it. :)

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Birth of America Gold Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI