Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Incompetent allied player seeks similarly-accomplished distaff

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Incompetent allied player seeks similarly-accomplished distaff Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incompetent allied player seeks similarly-accomplished ... - 12/6/2007 5:42:39 PM   
HMS Resolution

Hullo,

I've played WitP for about a year, primarily against the AI---akin, I realize, to waging fierce and unrelenting war against that kid in the helmet---although I have some brief PBeM experience as the Japanese, wherein I learned two things: (a) I am not good at making what you might call rational decisions w/r/t the Japanese military and economy, and (b), which might almost be a corollary, I'm abysmal at playing the Japanese.

So.

I'd love to try dipping my toes in the ol' PBeM waters again, this time playing as the good guys (as well as the Dutch, Australians, and Americans), hopefully against someone who's roughly as bad at this as me. I wish to emphasize: I am not very good. I sometimes forget to convoy supplies into Pearl Harbor, and once nearly starved it into submission.

I'm not really big on the whole "house rules" concept; that seems a lot like work. I feel like WitP can be played as a Gentleman's Game, and a basic unspoken understanding can exist not to resort to tactics redolent of the dirty pool.

My schedule is fairly regular: I live in the USA central time zone and can probably get out a full seven turns a week all in the PM, plus possibly one or two extra on Saturdays.

I would further hope, should anyone be even slightly tempted by the idea of playing against the WitP-equivalent of a blancmange, intellectually-speaking, that they would also agree with me that surface gun battles between large ships are a beautiful thing, and sometimes should even be arranged ahead of time, like tennis matches.
Post #: 1
RE: Incompetent allied player seeks similarly-accomplis... - 12/7/2007 9:41:05 AM   
Wojtek

Check your message box.

(in reply to HMS Resolution)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Incompetent allied player seeks similarly-accomplished distaff Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI