Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Downloading game to new computer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Downloading game to new computer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downloading game to new computer - 12/1/2007 2:18:17 AM   
driver22

I want to download a game I had on my old computer onto my new machine. I remember this as being a simple process, but cannot find the right place to do it. I have my serial number handy and am ready to go, but when I get to "My Games' I see a list of products I own followed by "No downloads available," which I thought referred to patches and such. Am I just poop out of luck in putting Korsun Pocket on my new computer? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Downloading game to new computer - 12/1/2007 2:26:04 AM   
Veldor

Ideally your suppose to have kept the installation executable and/or burned it to a cd-rom. You could also copy it to a USB Key or over a home network if you have one. As far as redownloading it you can download it again using findmyorder.com but I think there may be a time limit on that without purchasing Matrix's extended download service or whatever.

I can't imagine you'd have deleted the installation files. They are probably still on your old computer somewhere.

(in reply to driver22)
Post #: 2
RE: Downloading game to new computer - 12/1/2007 2:56:49 AM   
Erik Rutins

driver22,

E-mail us at support@matrixgames.com with your order info. Did you buy Korsun Pocket as a download from our online store or as a boxed copy?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 3
RE: Downloading game to new computer - 12/1/2007 7:05:43 AM   
driver22

Thanks. I got it. I was just having trouble finding the section where i could do the download again. All is well, now.

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 4
RE: Downloading game to new computer - 12/1/2007 7:10:04 AM   
driver22

Thanks Erik. Between your courtesy and the other poster's comments, I figured out where to go for the download. I have until march 15, 2008 for this one, so I was good. I just couldn't remember where to go to find it and re-download to the new machine. All is well now.

There was mention of burning it to a CD to avoid future issues, though. (I did a digital download.) For some reason, I didn't think this was possible (or legal?). Is it doable?

< Message edited by driver22 -- 12/1/2007 7:13:09 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Downloading game to new computer - 12/1/2007 7:42:02 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: driver22

Thanks Erik. Between your courtesy and the other poster's comments, I figured out where to go for the download. I have until march 15, 2008 for this one, so I was good. I just couldn't remember where to go to find it and re-download to the new machine. All is well now.

There was mention of burning it to a CD to avoid future issues, though. (I did a digital download.) For some reason, I didn't think this was possible (or legal?). Is it doable?

It's not only legal and possible, but also highly recommended.

(in reply to driver22)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Downloading game to new computer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI