Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/23/2007 9:19:03 AM   
billiesan

Anyone know if there is going to be any holiday specials at Matrix Store this year? I would love to build my Matrix Game collection. :)
Post #: 1
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/23/2007 10:07:22 AM   
Veldor

I was wondering that as well. I have at least 2 or 3 more Matrix Games I might be more likely to purchase if that were the case. It might be good if they would state their intentions either way.

(in reply to billiesan)
Post #: 2
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/23/2007 12:40:15 PM   
JudgeDredd

I read in another post that they have every intention of providing a sale on some store products and will let people know in due course. It will apparently be very visible that a sale is actvie.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 3
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/23/2007 1:06:41 PM   
JudgeDredd

Sorry...just realised you may be talking about "the holidays" as in Thanksgiving...so I think the answer is no

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/23/2007 1:36:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

We should be announcing the Christmas sale sometime next week.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/23/2007 1:49:42 PM   
JudgeDredd

Erik

Go away and enjoy Thanksgiving

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/25/2007 12:48:41 AM   
06 Maestro

This will be interesting: I assume my wife will understand the philosophy of, "the more you buy, the more you save".

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 7
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 2:53:18 PM   
ravinhood

Where's the BEEF? It's next week already....Christmas is only 30 shopping days away or less. Cmon Erik get off your lazy butt and put up the christmas specials. ;)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 8
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 2:58:28 PM   
David Heath

Christmas sale is live and online.  Please make note of the dates and the products.

David

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 9
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 3:17:32 PM   
Neilster

As my Dad used to say whenever Mum bought something because it was reduced..."Can we afford to save so much?"

Yes!

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 10
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 3:26:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood
Where's the BEEF? It's next week already....Christmas is only 30 shopping days away or less. Cmon Erik get off your lazy butt and put up the christmas specials. ;)

No soup for you!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 11
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 3:27:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster
As my Dad used to say whenever Mum bought something because it was reduced..."Can we afford to save so much?"

As I was noting in the other thread, due to the updated currency conversion happening at the same time as the 25% holiday discounts, for non-US customers some of our game prices have just plummeted. Take a good look around, some of these games are now far cheaper for currencies other than the US $ than they've ever been before!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 12
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 4:26:44 PM   
ravinhood

YAY hahah When Ravinhood speaks people listen. ;) And hey 25% off even in the US is a good deal on some of these titles. Wish I were a monster game fanatic I'd get WitP. But, Close Combat and that SPWAW Generals (I've been waiting to get this a long time) edition looks good. ;) I'm surprised your Tin Soldiers series Alexander/Caesar is not on that list I had thought about getting Alexander.

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 11/27/2007 4:30:00 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 4:35:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

I'm surprised your Tin Soldiers series Alexander/Caesar is not on that list I had thought about getting Alexander.

Those were on sale last year, but we don't always repeat titles from year to year. Best to strike while the iron is hot!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 14
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 4:43:24 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

I'm surprised your Tin Soldiers series Alexander/Caesar is not on that list I had thought about getting Alexander.

Those were on sale last year, but we don't always repeat titles from year to year. Best to strike while the iron is hot!

Just admit you're doing it on purpose just so Ravinhood has to buy a game at full price

OTOH, I'm not sure what the other 3 signs of the impending apocalypse are, so maybe it's not such a good idea to make him pay full price

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Post #: 15
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 4:44:05 PM   
ravinhood

Oh by the way who is this Tri Senergy publishing that is taking credit for publishing some of your games at Amazon.com an also Ebay? I saw UFO: Extraterrestials on auction at Ebay for 6.00 an it lists Tri Senergy as the publisher???!

You can delete the url if you want after inspecting it. Just wondering if this is one of those scams or pirate thingies. I'm not buying it because it looks suspicious to me. If you type in a search for UFO you'll find he has MANY listings of this USED FOREIGN game and he's from the US?? lol I just find that suspicious that they are all used and all from a foreign country. Probably like Finland where they don't have much money hehe and get the games for little to nothing and then send em to a US rep to make oodles of money while you lose money.

@Sterckxe

Haha Serck I can afford to out wait them than they can't afford to out wait me. ;) There will be other times and other sales. I am a patient man that's why I get great games for under $5 now. ;) But, of course I'd have to stoop to less than low life to get Matrixgames for $6.00 hehe I like cheap prices, but, I don't like thieves or pirates. I believe in paying for the product, but, I also believe in getting the best deals for them if/when I can. ;)

I really think you should put the Tin Soldiers series up on that list though Erik/David there's a lot of people I told about that series that were hoping it would be in the Christmas special. ;)

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 11/27/2007 7:56:41 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 6:38:50 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

Haha Serck I can afford to out wait them than they can afford to out wait me. ;) There will be other times and other sales.

No doubt

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 17
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 6:47:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Tri-Synergy is a company we often partner with on retail releases and yeah, that copy looked suspicious.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 18
RE: Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? - 11/27/2007 7:50:41 PM   
ravinhood

Ahhh ok with Tri-Synergy then. I won't be scared to purchase some of their stuff I've seen on Amazon then. You should go after that guy send him a scary email if nothing else. lol He has listings for 6 or 7 of the same thing. Now It seems I read awhile back that your game prices in some countries are rediculously silly low. So, my theory is these guys have a raquet (notice it doesn't come with any documentation or anything). They have someone buy these games at the low low prices you are selling in other countries like Chekoslavakia or Yougoslavia (didn't I read like your games amount to like $4 in their money over there?) and then shipping them in bulk to this guy ( or guys like this guy) to sell. Thing is $6 is rather cheap to be unloading these games I'd think even the shipping is low. Just doesn't seem like a square deal to me somehow there's something wrong with it or the game(s).

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 11/27/2007 7:55:19 PM >

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Any Matrix Game Store Holiday Specials? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI