Historical Background

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

WJPalmer1

Historical Background

Post by WJPalmer1 »

It's difficult not to get ever more excited about the Big Release and anticipate the years of satisfying Napoleonic gaming that lie ahead. A big part of my enjoyment comes from having a good foundation in the historical drama and events of that incredibly complex period.

There are, of course, a huge number of works about various aspects of the Napoleonic Wars. For anyone looking for a fairly concise overview, I recommend a very recent book (2006) by Robert Harvey entitle "The War of Wars - The Great European Conflict 1793-1815". After reading it I'm confident you'll have a good feel for the events as well as the cast of characters & background of the period.

Regards,
Ron
typhoon

RE: Historical Background

Post by typhoon »

Just looked at this book on Amazon thinking that some historical background might be a good idea. The reviews however are not very favorable and leave me rather undecided.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”