Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/18/2007 2:51:18 PM   
Skeleton

As I have not been able to log in at the Wargamer since my move, I wanted to know if anyone here has heard of this tactical simulator or purchased it. The steep learning curve and the lack of an A.I. aside, it would appear to be an old boardgamers dream come true. If you do have information, how difficult is it to get a game going? How long does the typical game last and can one "save" a game or must they be played out in to their conclusion? This one appears to either be far too ambitious or groundbreaking in a manner I have not seen since possibly TOAW. Any and all information would be most welcome. A review is over at the Wargamer with a link. Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/18/2007 3:26:23 PM   
Widell

Marcus - http://www.historicalsoftware.com/ Here's the link to the homepage of the game. Haven't actually tried it, so I can't say anything about its qualities. Let us know if try it out.

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 2
RE: TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/18/2007 4:07:56 PM   
Skeleton

Widell my friend! You owe me a AACW turn. I went to the sight immediately and was uncertain if posting links was appropiate, thus I didn't. Looks like something we might have to one day sink out teeth into! I could only imagine how brilliant your AAR would be. I cannot tell if it is overly ambitious (Ala, Road to Moscow only not vaporware) or something that might be ground breaking and original. What are you thoughts? If the Mrs.'s will loosen the purse strings I might have to give this one a go. I just don't want to push her genorousity with Empire in Arms coming out and AGEOD's Nappy game being here at Matrix before to long.

< Message edited by Marcus the leper -- 11/18/2007 4:11:14 PM >

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 3
RE: TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/18/2007 7:00:51 PM   
Jeffrey H.

...WTF ?

Looks a little like Panzer Bliz/Leader......But sorta like a miniatures table too.

The scale hurts my eyes.

What's with the facings ?

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 4
RE: TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/18/2007 9:54:41 PM   
Veldor

This game looks like a nightmare to play if the controls and UI aren't stellar. Therefore I would need a demo to even begin to be interested in purchasing it. I have a very low tolerance for clumsy 3D controls.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 5
RE: TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/19/2007 7:01:50 AM   
Hentzau

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcus the leper

The steep learning curve and the lack of an A.I. aside, it would appear to be an old boardgamers dream come true.

Have you noticed "Advanced Tactics" here at Matrix? You might poke around it's "Mods and Scenarios" forum a bit. It looks like it might be an old boardgamers dream come true, but WITH A.I.

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 6
RE: TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation - 11/23/2007 12:28:13 AM   
Widell

I read some more on the homepage. This is not a turn based game right? If not, I´d go for HTTR or COTA before testing this one. Both are very good both over TCP/IP and versus the AI....

(in reply to Hentzau)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> TA.LA.CO.SI-Historical Software Corporation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI