Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few questions about AT:WWII

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> A few questions about AT:WWII Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few questions about AT:WWII - 11/18/2007 7:57:29 AM   
Marshall Thomas

Hi. I'm getting ready to order Advanced Tactics: WWII tonight.

Recently, I've played Making History: The Calm & the Storm. Can anyone who's familar with that WWII game offer some thoughts on how it differs from Advanced Tactics: WWII?

Also: I'm curious about random maps. How are the opposing sides determined? What are some popular options that players enjoy using in random map games?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: A few questions about AT:WWII - 11/18/2007 8:37:51 AM   
freeboy

wow, look at poeples tactics and the AARs above, there is very little similar between the two, other than u can customise your forces. This game use hex based turn based and is a great multi pbem platform.

(in reply to Marshall Thomas)
Post #: 2
RE: A few questions about AT:WWII - 11/18/2007 9:54:42 AM   
Warspite3

I have played MH: Calm & Storm, great game. I was recently in a tournament for it at the WW2 museum in august. I bought that one when it first came out. MH is not the best game to compare advanced tactics too. The best games I know of to compare advanced tactics to is the old empire series, the operational art of war, the old ssi general series such as the famous panzer general, games like that. This said, advanced tactics is better then those games I mention, plus the replayabily is incredible. The random map games are very good, I have been using the same settings for the last 4 games and had completely different maps. It is very easy to learn to play but has a ton of detail and depth. No doubt you will love the game.

-Warspite3-

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: A few questions about AT:WWII - 11/18/2007 1:23:30 PM   
DasTactic

I bought the game a few days ago and really enjoy it. I'm still very much a newbie but I have found a random map setting I really enjoy...

30 x 30
4 to 6 players (Just AI, not AI+ or AI++ at this stage)
15 cities
10 rivers
No first level techs
Research 500%
Land 65%, Forest 35%, Mountain 25%, Swamp 5%
Roads level 1, City level 1

The slow research and minimal starting troops means that you need to plan your grand strategy before you start. You need to hold bottlenecks while your task forces take other strategic ground. Also, the AI is slow to develop (as are you) so the surprises are manageable.

(in reply to Warspite3)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> A few questions about AT:WWII Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI