Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply lines glitch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Supply lines glitch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply lines glitch? - 11/17/2007 4:06:34 PM   
Szilard

Load up the "warinthewest" scenario; play as Allies versus the AI. On the first Alied turn, bring up the supply overlay screen and check supply paths by right clicking.

*Every* Allied unit, is tracing supply to the "Commonwealth" HQ in "India/South Africa", rather than to their own HQs.

I've noticed the same kind of thing from time to time in random scenarios - every unit starts to trace supply from a distant HQ, rather than the unit's own HQ. (Sometimes hexes which should be in full supply, are not, because of this.)

Gotta be a bug, right? Or am I being dumb about something?
Post #: 1
RE: Supply lines glitch? - 11/17/2007 4:14:24 PM   
Xenomath

the supply overlay only shows coverage from the selected hex (or the unit's HQ if you selected a non HQ unit).

(in reply to Szilard)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply lines glitch? - 11/17/2007 7:50:42 PM   
rickier65

I hadnt realized that! I just looked at game i'm playing, and that is the way it's shown. If I want to see trace to different hex I have to turn off supply trace mode, select the desired supply source, then turn supply source trace back on. It is also reflected in the action point cost.

This could be important to know for large maps with potentially complex supply situation.

I started to suggest changing this, but the more I thought about the alternatives, the less attractive any of the alternatives appeared, and the more it looks like the way it's implemented is probably fine with me.

One feature enhancement might be that when you dont have supply trace turned on, if you select a unit, and then right click (right now right-clicking unit on map display doesnt do anything different thatn left clicking as far as I can tell), you see the actual supply trace for that unit. I haven't really examined this idea, so it might have some pitfalls as well, but it's athough. But for now, I'm fine with what it shows. Perhaps I'll add this paragraph to the "wish list thread".

Thanks for highlighting this. Ive about decided, that now that I've played the game some more, I need to re-read the manual.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Xenomath)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply lines glitch? - 11/18/2007 1:03:36 AM   
Szilard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xenomath

the supply overlay only shows coverage from the selected hex (or the unit's HQ if you selected a non HQ unit).

Doh! Thanks

(in reply to Xenomath)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Supply lines glitch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI