From: Vancouver, BC
1) what does ball elasticity mean/do? I see it is set at .55 for each ball type. I added my own ball (a blue one) and set the elasticity to .45. How will that affect the game?
I'm not even sure if I still use the value from the database anymore. I seem to recall having hard coded a value to fix something with the ball physics. I'll have to check tonight and get back to you.
2) is it possible to play a game controlling both offenses and letting the game AI control both defenses?
Not at this time.
3) If I change the number of downs in the league database to 5, will the game use that number or default to 3 or 4?
I believe changing it to 5 would result in many bad things happening. It's not something I've tried. In most situations, it would probably just default to 4 downs. But I think the odds are high that the game would crash at some point.. or at the very least, do very bad things.
4) is it possible to turn penalties off? I suppose one could just edit the penalties database so that all penalties were for zero yards.
You can set the penalties calls to loose (so only pre snap penalties, like a delay of game should be called). But you can't turn of them off completely.
5) if I had a fake field goal play, is it possible to limit how often the AI will use that play?
When you view a play in the playbook, you can limit it to situation use only.
6) when creating playbooks, is it possible to just add a formation and all the plays under it? It seems you have to add one play at a time.
Currently, it's one at a time.
7) is it possible to speed up the delay after/before plays? Especially in AI vs AI games, the players just stand around for a while. Waiting for kickoff is really frustrating for me.
This delay is due to the requirement to load the player and play data into the internal objects and generate the uniforms for the players on screen. Beyond getting a faster system, I'm afraid there is no way to avoid the slight pause while this happens.
I know a lot of this should just be trial and error on my part, but I was hoping someone stretched the game a little beyond it's intended use. I am finding the game is much more customizable than I originally thought. With a few GUI updates and more in-game editors, this game could very well have a very large following.
Be sure to keep copies of all files before making changes outside of the files intended use. Also, please be aware that "extreme editing" like this really limits how I can help if you run into difficulties. I wouldn't be able to duplicate your setup to be able to reproduce problems you may need help with.
What GUI updates are you thinking of?
Thanks David for a very enjoyable game.
I'm glad you're having fun :)