Ima Casual Core Gamer what are you?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ravinhood

Ima Casual Core Gamer what are you?

Post by ravinhood »

Based on the following what catagory(ies) do you fall into??
IDGE’s five gamer segments are as follows.

Core Gamers: Core Gamers choose gaming as their main form of entertainment and want to maximize their time gaming. They prefer gaming over going to the movies or out to dinner.

Status Gamers: Status Gamers are proud of their gaming skills and enjoy being the first to try the newest and hottest titles. They also like to discuss their gaming experiences at school or work.

Social Gamers: Social Gamers view gaming as a communal experience. They prefer to play games with people they care
about, forming a social link, and coordinate social functions around gaming.

Active Gamers: Active Gamers prefer games where movements are reflected in the game and allow gamers to get out of their chairs. They use gaming as a physical release.

Casual Gamers: Casual Gamers use gaming as an emotional release and as a way to play different roles. Casual gamers view gaming as a secondary form of entertainment and don't feel the necessity to be the first to try a new game.

I appear to be the casual core gamer since it's my main source of entertainment and I don't have to have a new game when it's released. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Arctic Blast

RE: Ima Casual Core Gamer what are you?

Post by Arctic Blast »

I'd also fit in as a casual gamer. I enjoy playing them, but if I have the choice, I'd rather go out with some friends for a beer.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

I suppose I'm a casual gamer.

Something seems wrong with these categorizations, though.

Firstly, and most importantly, why the obsessive need to categorize us? What purpose does it serve?
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

It has something to do with online marketing KG Erwin. Some guy is classifying all of us who buy or play games online now since it just shot up like 1000% in the last year. What products to make most of etc. Has a lot to do with X-box Live and Wii and things like that becoming more popular now.

I'd say a large majority fit into the Status player type. Those that go out and buy game after game just to be the first to say they got the game and give some sort of feedback about it.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

I see myself as core, status and part social gamer.

Since I belong to no less than 3 out of 5 categories I'd dare say this categorization is pretty much pointless and stupid [:-] 
MrBoats

Post by MrBoats »

I'd have to say Core, but I will drop the PC in a NY minute to have dinner with someone, as long as she is single and of the opposite sex. Or married, or separated. Or in a committed relationship.

By the way, Oleg, is that Adele? [X(]
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

lol Mr. Boats you must still be under 50. hehe

MrBoats

Post by MrBoats »

Yeah, but closing in all too fast....[:(]
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: MrBoats

I'd have to say Core, but I will drop the PC in a NY minute to have dinner with someone, as long as she is single and of the opposite sex. Or married, or separated. Or in a committed relationship.

Arent u putting up to make barriers to make it happen[:D]
Maybe cut down of some of the demands[;)]
Yeah, but closing in all too fast....

Is that like asking, if Ravinhood has a sister? preferbly as good looking at the actor in his avatar[8D]

Kind regards,

Rasmus

JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Yes, it is, showing her beautiful eyes, as opposed to the assets she's more prominently known for...[;)]
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Indeed it's Adele Stevens. I guess she's of opposite sex, and belongs to at least one of the above categories. [;)] Too bad she won't have dinner with you [:D]
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I don't fit in any of the categories. If there were no computer wargames I would play very few computer games if any!

I would drop off the radar of the marketing people who set up the questionaire.
-

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Ahhh I have a catagory for you then Joe 98 the " I Don't Fit In Crowd" the type of gamer who is only interested in one particular genre of the video gaming industry and if it were not available he/she would not participate. ;)

MrBoats

Post by MrBoats »

Adele would be happy to share a tv dinner with me anythime! I am am master microwaver, a "masterwaver" if you will. I'm also very successful at fishing, having achieved the level of "Master-baiter." [:-]
StormcloudCreations

Post by StormcloudCreations »

I was very much a Core Gamer when I was younger, but now as i've aged i'm more of a Casual Gamer now. Real life kinda keeps me away from marathon gaming sessions anymore. [8D]
Derek
Lead Programmer of Hornet Leader PC
Mindtoy Games - Unique Strategy/Board/Card games for the PC - mindtoygames.com
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Awwww that's too bad Stormcloud, welp just wait till you hit retirement then you get to go back to those youthful days of playing as much as you like. Even moreso really because you can play during a school day as well since you'll be out of school. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”