Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Projected Cost of MWiF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Projected Cost of MWiF Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/25/2007 7:24:00 PM   
cockney

in England ave price for a pc game is £35 or about $70, so I think anything less then $100 would be acceptable here

never piss off a sgt major

(in reply to Arron69)
Post #: 31
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/26/2007 10:50:28 AM   
christo

In Australia typical game price AUD$90 which once again is about US$70

(in reply to cockney)
Post #: 32
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/26/2007 12:26:14 PM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: christo

Not anymore. It's more like US$80. The Aussie dollar is now worth US 90 cents and is likely to appreciate more with the high likelihood of another interest rate rise within 2 weeks. The Reserve Bank is determined to keep inflation below 3% and election campaign or not they will use tight fiscal policy to do it (blunt instrument though it may be).

Higher relative interest rates, overseas investment in the burgeoning Australian economy (16 years of strong uninterrupted growth, low unemployment and an unparalleled resources boom) and concerns about US Banks' exposure to the sub-prime lending debacle are fuelling this rise in the Aussie dollar on international money markets. Parity with the US dollar may not be far away. Our exporters hope not.

...just in case anyone was interested in economics.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to christo)
Post #: 33
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/26/2007 4:19:37 PM   
Mziln

As of today Australian Dollars to 1 USD 1.10386.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 34
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/26/2007 7:50:02 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: christo

Not anymore. It's more like US$80. The Aussie dollar is now worth US 90 cents and is likely to appreciate more with the high likelihood of another interest rate rise within 2 weeks. The Reserve Bank is determined to keep inflation below 3% and election campaign or not they will use tight fiscal policy to do it (blunt instrument though it may be).

Higher relative interest rates, overseas investment in the burgeoning Australian economy (16 years of strong uninterrupted growth, low unemployment and an unparalleled resources boom) and concerns about US Banks' exposure to the sub-prime lending debacle are fuelling this rise in the Aussie dollar on international money markets. Parity with the US dollar may not be far away. Our exporters hope not.

...just in case anyone was interested in economics.

Cheers, Neilster

You might like Alan Greenspan's book "The Age of Turbulence" - maxcroeconomics without equations! I have 4 pages left and expect to finish it today.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 35
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/29/2007 7:53:54 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

You might like Alan Greenspan's book "The Age of Turbulence" - maxcroeconomics without equations! I have 4 pages left and expect to finish it today.

uh, Steve... I don't recall the Test Team approving any recreational activities for you before sometime next January

Unless you're looking for inspiration on how to modify the MWiF oil rules to allow for BP cost fluctuations according to supply and demand

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 36
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 10/29/2007 11:25:19 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

uh, Steve... I don't recall the Test Team approving any recreational activities for you before sometime next January

Unless you're looking for inspiration on how to modify the MWiF oil rules to allow for BP cost fluctuations according to supply and demand

Reading is my activity during breakfast and lunch. Finished Greenspan's book - he has an interesting world perspective.

Steve

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 37
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 11/29/2007 11:00:54 PM   
Anendrue

The game is easily worth more than $80 as it contains more than the WiFdeluxe. So perhaps we should pay closer to the going rate for WiFDeluxe, after all we want it to be profitable. That way we can shackle Steve in irons and chains to make addons that could extend the game into the modern era, add DoDIII and a kitchen sink too.

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to Arron69)
Post #: 38
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 12/17/2007 8:58:25 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: GordianKnot
Yeah, we're really struggling.

4% unemployment.

How many of that 96% are long term employment and how many are on a "single project by single project" basis?

quote:

More homeowners than any time in history.

Are all paid for (the houses) or under risky mortage contracts?

quote:

The average home has 4 bedrooms and 2 or more new cars. 4 TV's with 200 channels and 3 computers with 6 mBit internet. Throw in an XBox 360 or PS3 in case we get bored. A cell phone for every kid. We all have central air and heating. We have the most powerful military and largest economy in the world.

Again, are all these things already paid for, or they are bought by contracting long term debts?

quote:

And when Canadians get tired of waiting in line for an operation that would save their life from 'free' (paid by taxes instead of premiums) medical care they come down here to freeload off of our system.

Dunno for canada, but the average time you have to wait for an operation over here (Italy) ranges from one to two weeks *if the aliment is not life threatening*. If it is, the waiting time ranges from one to three days. If the threat is immediate, you get assistance at once (should this not happen usually a scandal arises and the government sends an inquiry commission). No questions asked, no money to pay at all - not even for an ambulance.

quote:

And we all make enough money that the cost of a new video game is pretty much meaningless.

How do we get by?

Including the subprime crisis who showed how just now there is a mountain of unpayable debts made by Americans, you mean?

< Message edited by Vincenzo Beretta -- 12/17/2007 8:59:46 AM >

(in reply to mavraamides)
Post #: 39
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 12/17/2007 6:52:11 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: GordianKnot
Yeah, we're really struggling.

4% unemployment.

How many of that 96% are long term employment and how many are on a "single project by single project" basis?

quote:

More homeowners than any time in history.

Are all paid for (the houses) or under risky mortage contracts?

quote:

The average home has 4 bedrooms and 2 or more new cars. 4 TV's with 200 channels and 3 computers with 6 mBit internet. Throw in an XBox 360 or PS3 in case we get bored. A cell phone for every kid. We all have central air and heating. We have the most powerful military and largest economy in the world.

Again, are all these things already paid for, or they are bought by contracting long term debts?

quote:

And when Canadians get tired of waiting in line for an operation that would save their life from 'free' (paid by taxes instead of premiums) medical care they come down here to freeload off of our system.

Dunno for canada, but the average time you have to wait for an operation over here (Italy) ranges from one to two weeks *if the aliment is not life threatening*. If it is, the waiting time ranges from one to three days. If the threat is immediate, you get assistance at once (should this not happen usually a scandal arises and the government sends an inquiry commission). No questions asked, no money to pay at all - not even for an ambulance.

quote:

And we all make enough money that the cost of a new video game is pretty much meaningless.

How do we get by?

Including the subprime crisis who showed how just now there is a mountain of unpayable debts made by Americans, you mean?

This discussion has nothing to do with MWIF.

Steve

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 40
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 12/17/2007 8:16:02 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

I beg to disagree. If you discuss the price of a game - and how this price is judged by people from different countries - then the relative buying power of their currencies is a factor. I do not find a $80-120 price range unreasonable for MWiF - with an 1.4 euro-dollar exchange rate. The current trend is that the general exchange rate vs. the $ is improving for countries outside the US, so prices for us foreigners are basically at a discount.

*And* when someone from a country that encourages long term debt (so to have the goods now) considers what an acceptable buying price will be for a game due next year, not only the basic buying power of his currency now, but also the impact of such contracted debts over the time becomes a factor for him in deciding what price-tag will be "too much". "I have an house full of goodies NOW!!" doesn't mean that the dude is actually rich, or has a good, long-standing, buying power.

For these reasons I feel that the above consideratons *belong* to a debate about at how much MWiF could be reasonably priced, cosidering what both the US and the foreign costumers buying power actually will be in an year from now.

< Message edited by Vincenzo Beretta -- 12/17/2007 8:37:32 PM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 41
RE: Projected Cost of MWiF - 12/17/2007 9:06:01 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

quote:

I beg to disagree. If you discuss the price of a game - and how this price is judged by people from different countries - then the relative buying power of their currencies is a factor. I do not find a $80-120 price range unreasonable for MWiF - with an 1.4 euro-dollar exchange rate. The current trend is that the general exchange rate vs. the $ is improving for countries outside the US, so prices for us foreigners are basically at a discount.

*And* when someone from a country that encourages long term debt (so to have the goods now) considers what an acceptable buying price will be for a game due next year, not only the basic buying power of his currency now, but also the impact of such contracted debts over the time becomes a factor for him in deciding what price-tag will be "too much". "I have an house full of goodies NOW!!" doesn't mean that the dude is actually rich, or has a good, long-standing, buying power.

For these reasons I feel that the above consideratons *belong* to a debate about at how much MWiF could be reasonably priced, cosidering what both the US and the foreign costumers buying power actually will be in an year from now.

I believe Matrix maintains a forum for political discussions - MadCow or some name like that.

If you want to discuss price - then that is certainly ok. But if you want to discuss current/recent economic policies of any nation - it doesn't belong here. Please do not continue to do so.

Steve

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Projected Cost of MWiF Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI