Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix and Sports Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix and Sports Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix and Sports Games - 10/15/2007 2:22:19 AM   
KG Erwin

It may seem like an odd coupling, but the PureSim Baseball/Matrix combination is working out well. Of course, baseball is the greatest team sport ever invented, so this is a natural development.

PS I know that soccer, for what little it's worth, is popular, but where's the simulations of it?
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/15/2007 2:39:34 AM   
Rainbow7

You're joking, right?  You've never heard of SI's Football Manager series.  Arguably the finest simulator around.

Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/15/2007 2:52:51 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainbow

You're joking, right?  You've never heard of SI's Football Manager series.  Arguably the finest simulator around.

Never heard of it.

(in reply to Rainbow7)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/15/2007 4:23:30 AM   
Arctic Blast

Well, Puresim looks good, and Maximum Football seems to be progressing nicely. So it seems that, while it's a weird pairing, it works.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/16/2007 2:45:08 AM   
Mac67

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
PS I know that soccer, for what little it's worth, is popular, but where's the simulations of it?

"Sigh." One day, you Yanks will come to recognise the glory that is "the beautiful game". The long-range volley, the cleverly worked set-peice, the nail-biting bowel wrenching tension of the penalty shootout, small boys in the park jumpers for goal-posts.........

The Football Manager series is undoubtly the best football managment sim ever. Probably the best sports simulation ever. The latest incarnation is due out before Christmas.

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'." — Bill Shankly

"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

The Rose and Crown, a forum for British Gentlemen

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/16/2007 3:01:56 AM   
KG Erwin

I hear you, mac67. We're just on different pages.

A scene from "The Natural":

Harriet Bird: "Have you ever read Homer?"

Roy Hobbs, chuckling uncomfortably: "Uh, the only homer I know has four bases in it."

(in reply to Mac67)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/16/2007 3:34:17 AM   
Hanal

Football Manager (Worldwide Soccer Manager here in the USA [same game different name]) is without a doubt one of the most addictive games that I have ever played. I have managed Queens Park Rangers for over 10 seasons now and have decline a contract renewal so that I can take the helm of Manchester City. I have logged in over 9 days of playing time so far, and that is nothing compared to some who tally many more days than that!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix and Sports Games - 10/16/2007 4:39:02 PM   
PunkReaper

re Mac67

quote:

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'." — Bill Shankly

When the great Bill Shankley retired he wasn't allowed to go to the training ground at Melwood. He used to live near our school and one day to our shock when we were playing 5 a side the great man turned up and just like a big kid asked whether we would let him play. In the end he had to play one half for each team so that we could all say we had played football with Bill Shankley. After that he used to turn up regularly for a game. He was such a great guy but every tacke he made was unfortunately crunchingly painful!...Life and death etc...

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix and Sports Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI