Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Draft Rounds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Draft Rounds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Draft Rounds - 10/13/2007 7:12:26 AM   
MSO94

Ok I have one for ya . I set my league at 20 Roster players. Set the league for 35 rounds of Draft so each team can cut players. The program says i can only have 15 rounds. What gives.

it does not give me an option to over rule the 15 rounds. How can i get to PICK the extra players and not be random picks by the computer

< Message edited by Marauders -- 10/13/2007 8:36:22 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Draft Proplem - 10/13/2007 7:36:00 AM   
DreamTeams

You might need to edit this through your league dat file using access. In that file under the 'leagues' table you can edit your draft rounds.

(in reply to MSO94)
Post #: 2
RE: Draft - 10/13/2007 8:32:50 AM   
Marauders

The game will give you more players than your roster size, and by the time you get to the 15th round, most of the players are so much alike that, in most cases, it doesn't matter who you pick up.

I don't believe the system has been changed from 1.3.

I know this is a subject that has been talked about in previous threads.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 3
RE: Draft - 10/13/2007 12:58:27 PM   
garysorrell

Its hard coded into the game I think. You MAY draft for less players than your roster, the CPU will add the rest.

You may also draft for EXACTLY what your roster is....in other words if you use 20 man rosters, you could edit via open office or access, your league file to have 20 draft rounds. The CPU will still add about 5 players I think.

But, if you try to draft more rounds than your base roster slots, it wont allow it.

The above is based on my tinkering. Seems to be consistent pre and post 2.0

I always ensure team profiles match my roster/draft specs.

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 10/13/2007 1:01:53 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: Draft Rounds - 10/13/2007 5:07:22 PM   
Hubbard

Question. If you have a league with a 45 man roster and you select a 45 round draft, will the initial draft be 45 rounds and all subsequent drafts for the league be 45 rounds?

If it is what do you do? Reduce the draft rounds before the beginning of the next season?

(in reply to MSO94)
Post #: 5
RE: Draft Rounds - 10/13/2007 5:10:49 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Reduce the draft rounds before the beginning of the next season?

Yes, set the draft to less rounds after the initial draft.

(in reply to Hubbard)
Post #: 6
RE: Draft Rounds - 10/13/2007 9:12:02 PM   
David Winter

It's a hard coded rule. You should be getting a popup telling you that you you're going into a draft with draft rounds higher than the maximum number of players on your roster. If this wasn't in place there is a very real possiblity of trying to draft more players than there are draft eligible players. This caused the game to lock up. So now I enforce the rule you're seeing.

thanks
David

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Draft Rounds - 10/13/2007 9:24:03 PM   
David Winter

BTW, the initial draft, meaning the draft for the very first season a league, always adds more players to a roster via a supplemental draft. This is so the training camp for the first season means something. Yes, those additional players are normally going to be training camp fodder, but I have seen cases were a player picked up in the supplemental round was kept when a player drafted later in the normal rounds was let go.

The supplemental draft should only occur for that first season. After that there are already players on the team so that step isn't required.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Draft Rounds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI