Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Team Profiles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Team Profiles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Team Profiles - 10/11/2007 10:50:21 PM   
Marauders

Along with the new depth chart system in place for 2.x, there is also a team profile that is used for each team.

The team profile is used not only to set up the draft, but also to indicate how many players in each position the coach wants to keep on the roster. When the final cut down comes from training camp, these roster numbers are used to cut players that the coach has not done manually.

The roster numbers are maintained by the AI, so if free agent changes are made to the team, or some players become inactive by injury, one should make sure that the roster numbers match the roster. If not, the AI will automatically make roster changes that can include depth chart changes.

If a team drops a receiver and picks up a receiver, there won't be a problem, but if a team picks up a receiver and drops a defensive back, it could cause depth chart changes or a roster notice to come up when trying to enter a game.

The key here is maintaining the roster, roster number, and depth charts for human controlled teams.
Post #: 1
RE: Team Profiles - 10/12/2007 5:51:04 AM   
David Winter

For version 2.1, I've added some additional popup dialogs that warn you if you're straying outside of your team profile when you are editing your roster. The centre position is also now properly included with the Offensive Linemen on the position count portion of the screen.

The quick sim start up dialog will also inform you that the computer will make roster changes on your behalf should you choose to let the computer play all the games for that week (or season).

thanks
David

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 2
RE: Team Profiles - 10/30/2007 5:55:02 AM   
Silverbullet

Is it possible to make a team profile "from scratch", and if so how is it done?

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Team Profiles - 10/30/2007 6:58:44 AM   
Marauders

quote:

If a team is human controlled, one may import a team profile or use whatever profile is included with the team, and modify it via the Team Profiles screen.

From the league menu, select a team. If the team is not human controlled, select edit team, and click on the Human Controlled button and then Done. If the team is already human controlled, just click on View Team, and go to the Team Profiles screen. As you edit the profile on the left, the numbers on the right will change to reflect the position changes made.

One may save the profile as an Export for other teams and create as many profiles as one would like.

Another way to do it is to edit a profile already in the game.

If your game is on drive C:, go to C:\Matrix Games\Maximum-Football\TeamProfiles and select a profile to edit.

It is a text file, so it should come up in Notepad for editing.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marauders -- 10/30/2007 5:34:30 PM >

(in reply to Silverbullet)
Post #: 4
RE: Team Profiles - 10/30/2007 9:21:44 AM   
Tullius

quote:

You can do it in the game. Here you can change the profile in the Team Profile screen. You can change positions, criteria 1 and criteria 2. But this it seems it is not possible during regular season and maybe you have to control the team as human owner.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Team Profiles - 10/30/2007 8:39:43 PM   
Silverbullet

I have edited a profile to my liking.
Thanks all for your help.
You are a great group.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 6
RE: Team Profiles - 11/28/2007 3:01:22 AM   
Marauders

If one changes the player positions in the draft chart on the left, they will be reflected on the position numbers on the right side.

(in reply to Silverbullet)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Team Profiles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI