Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WoW It's HUGE!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: WoW It's HUGE!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/17/2007 10:57:19 AM   
Charles_22

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Yah know Charles if you put up a sign on your front door "Beware of Pet Rattlesnake" you know I don't think you'll ever be robbed again. I know I haven't. ;)

I've done a few things, burglar bars all around the house being the most noteworthy since that last breakin. I always wanted burglar bars in that neighborhood, but they had to break into my house at least a second time to convince me I needed to make their attempts more delayed. While on the surface that sign sounds either fine or corny, the one thing that occurs to me, is if the rattler is really poisonous, how does the owner keep from getting bit, assuming it's loose (you must be talking about faking them out with a sign)? Because I thought, well why not just have a real one as well; loose that is? It would also be debateable whether having a sign like that would be legal. Even more debateable if you had a loose one for that purpose, sign or not. They have some laws against booby traps and I'm sure that would fit into that category, if not for the category on how we shouldn't be mean to thugs.

At least we can still shoot them while trespassing. BTW, what neighborhood?

Unpleasant Grove

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 31
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/17/2007 11:04:55 AM   
Charles_22

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

You GOT a 32" MONITOR???!!! Man that must be awesome.

No, he said HDTV. My littlebrother has that size thing too, though it's only 768p instead full 1080p.

That link I provided earlier, the one with the 32" HDTV is only $70 more than the 22" I bought, I think is computer-capable too, as my 22" is. I too was thinking that the higher resolution 1020p would be the way to go, but from some internet reading I have done, it would appear as though the 720p is actually better. A lot depends on the signal and the tv's speed. But from what I had read, it seems most people favor the 720p because it completes it's picture in one stroke, whereas the 1020p does it on two strokes. The extra stroke ends up with smears at times. We have some larger screens here at work in the cafeteria, and I had seen blurs on their football games, that had me deadset against HDTV. When I went to the tv dealer though, they were cheap enough to get a smaller one, and I saw some sports on it without blurring, and that's all it took. I have yet to see a single blur on my 22" 720p and it does make a pretty large difference.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 32
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/17/2007 11:58:15 AM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

quote:

But a ps2 is a toy not a computer. ;) (ducking hiding running away)

Well I have computer hooked too...ps2 is just extra. The slim model (dvd case size) was only 100€. Its the only console I have ever bought.

Lol Zakhal I was just teasing you. Back in my day I had a couple of consoles as well, Intellivision and Atari 2600. But, we didn't have computers during that age. As soon as computers hit the shelves I was all over them. Ahhhh the memories of staying up late at night with my VIC 20 and typing in code from a book to play some jungle text adventure game. lol Getting Rescue at Raja or Raza and Sword of Fargoal from SSI to play from a TAPE deck. lol 20 minute load times. I'll never forget getting Ultima II and my first 5-1/4" floppy drive to play it from and my Commodore 64 burnt out the very day I got it (Ultimate II) and the sales guys at that software outlet were nice enough to let me trade it in on a new one because it was still under warranty even though I didn't buy it from them orgionally. (they were too expensive lol I was bargain bin shopping even back then). I had bought it at that Mall in Mesquite; Town East I think it was called.

One thing I learned about console games though; never play your wife with one of those boxing games. lol Mine got so mad cause I beat her up so badly in both of them I had lol that well lets just say the couch became my common resting ground. rofl But, later on I found out that girl hated to lose at anything. Man how come people get so caught up in Winning?

I remember also one time one of my friends and I decided to have some fun with her playing "Water Works". She had gone to the bathroom and so we planned to let her win up until her last card and we saved all our busted pipes cards until that moment and then every turn we busted her pipes all the way back to the handle. It was hilarious to us and we could hardly keep from laughing until it was over. She got so mad she THREW the cards all over the place and stormed to the bedroom (slamming the door shut I might add) screaming bloody murder and never played that game again. lol roflmao Did I tell you we got divorced later on? lol hahahahah

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 33
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/17/2007 4:32:52 PM   
jchastain

I have a 30" 2560x1600 flat panel monitor and LOVE it.  I was afraid it might seem overly big, but now I can't imagine not having the extra real estate.  It is great when you have multiple windows going or want to really look at the detail on that batch of digital photos that just came out of the camera.  And it can be great for games.  The only downside is that higher resolution (or at least windowing) really becomes a must as low-res games look really sloppy when you blow them up to that size.  But well done strategy games that show more real estate instead of just blowing things up to huge scale are awesome.  It is great being able to take that much more of a broader/grander perspective on the battlefield or the geopolitical map.

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 34
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/17/2007 7:47:57 PM   
ravinhood

How close do you sit to the screen? lol

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 35
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/18/2007 3:41:42 AM   
jchastain

quote:

How close do you sit to the screen? lol

21". Just for you I measured. :-)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 36
RE: WoW It's HUGE!! - 10/18/2007 9:32:55 AM   
Charles_22

ravinhood:
quote:

I had bought it at that Mall in Mesquite; Town East I think it was called.

Town East Mall in Mesquite.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: WoW It's HUGE!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI