Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? - 10/10/2007 5:21:21 PM   
PDiFolco

Hello
I was just remembering there had been an upcoming tactical Napoleonics battle game that was in development under Matrix'belt last year : "Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon" by Doubleshot Design (http://www.doubleshotdesign.com).

I don't know what happened, I didn't check for it since a long time, but now it's just gone !
The Doubleshot website is abandoned, there is a link to the old Matrix forum but access is restricted.

What happened ? Was the game cancelled ? Any insight ?
Post #: 1
RE: Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? - 10/10/2007 6:50:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

It's been replaced by the new work on this:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=376&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 2
RE: Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? - 10/10/2007 7:58:03 PM   
PDiFolco

Thanks for the info Erik
But Boku are different people, isn't it ?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? - 10/10/2007 8:21:04 PM   
Tim Coakley

BPW-BON was not progressing how I wanted, so when Matrix had the opportunity to link me up with Boku, it was a match made in heaven.

We will be re-releasing the Horse and Musket 2 games, and carrying the engine on to other periods---Napoleonics is still my favorite :)

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 4
RE: Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? - 10/10/2007 8:25:18 PM   
sullafelix

The new Horse and Musket is coming along great ( I'm a tester ). But I really don't understand how the two games could ever be described as replacing each other. The Napoleonic one was supposed to be a grand tactical and tactical game. The new H+M while stunning is still just a new H+M game. I was really upset to see the other games demise.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 5
RE: Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? - 10/10/2007 10:22:38 PM   
PDiFolco

It's clearer now but disappointing..
Sure, I was eagerly expecting stg to replace the 20 years old SSI's "Battles of Napoleon" at least 
OTOH I don't care much for a new or revamped H&M . Maybe the engine can be used for a Nappy game but it's still to be done..
Well, maybe we'll have HistWar soon for that .

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Black Powder Wars - Battles of Napoleon disappeared ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI