Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Congrats to Fantasy Baseball Winners!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Congrats to Fantasy Baseball Winners!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Congrats to Fantasy Baseball Winners!!! - 10/1/2007 7:19:19 PM   
Paul Vebber

The Basic League was won going away by a dominant season long effort by Houston Texans managed by Tom. He ended the regular season with a 28 game lead earning a first round bye. The Texans stomped Tornadoes 8-1 in the first round and took down knuckleballers 7-3 in the finals. Key performers where Prince Fielder, David Wright and Jimmy Rollins on Offense and Javier Vasques, Johan Sanana, Brett Myers and late pickup Jeremy Acevedo on the hill. Winning in 2005 and narrowly losing last year, the Texans have established an enviable record in this league!

The weekly league saw Fair Warning and Tornadoes go down to the wire in the regular Season. With byes into the playoffs, they each dispatched their 2nd round opponants fairly handily. The finals became a test of Hitting against pitching, Fair warning dominating the offense with Big Papi, Prince Fielder, Matt Holiday and Carlos Lee belting it, and Miguel Cabrera, Michela Young and Dan Uggla scoring and getting those runners plated. THe fair warning hurlers got no love down the stretch with single wins by all six pitchers and only 4 saves - two by Papelbon and 2 by Rivera. Tornadoes owned all the pitching stats all through the two week finals with double wins by Brandon Webb, C.C. Sebathia and double trouble J.J Putz, getting 2 wins AND 2 saves. Booby Jenks, Jose Vlaverde and Rafeal Betten court also had 2 saves. Tied 7-7 going into the LAST DAY Fair Warning was in teh Drivers seat - his 159-122-27 record giving him the regular season edge over 158-123-27 Tornadoes. Tornadoes only hope was to overtake Fair warning slim lead in Batting Average while maintaingin pitching dominance - solid in all stats except K/BB. It was not to be as only Magglio ordonez had a multiple hit game, and Chipper Jones, Aramis Ramirez and Micheal Cuddyer all went 0-fer. To make matters Worse, DOntrelle Willis had a complete meltdown throwing 5 walks and just 2 ks in 2.2 innings to hand the BB/K stat back to Fair warning by 0.17. Fair warning earns ggibson1967 one of the most hottly contested races in the history of the weekly league!

The Pro league saw a different picture from teh other leagues where the 1st place seed winner went "Coast to Coast". knuckle ballers saw a meltdown of Mets-like proportion after a first round bye, his 46.5 game lead over Tornados garnering NO RESPECT in the 2nd round, taking a 16-6 pounding at the hands of the 4th place upstarts. Manwhile Vinney Ps All Day Long - a solid 2nd seed handled Poundcake 15-8. The matchup of 2 and 4 seeds in the fianl looked to be a anybody's with strong players on both well balanced teams. Vinny may have outsmarted himself in the end with a roster juggling in Sept of 13 moves. His core offense was solid with Big Papi, ROTY candidate Ryan Braun, Jummy Rollins, Adrian Gonzalez and Aaron Rowland comin gup big down the stretch. I think Vinny set a record using TWENTY different pitchers in the finals, but getting only 2 wins the final week from Barry Zito and massing 11 losses. In the end it would be the "Gotcha" categories that would doom All Day Long, losing Ground into Double Plays 20-12, Errors 9-7 and Strikeouts 112-84 on the offensive side, and Home runs allowed 20-16, and Stolen bases allowed 18-5 to lose 9-12. Tornadoes got business done both offensively and defensily though - taking Runs narrowly 95-92 and all three hitting categories - AVG 305-281, OBP 379-337 and Slugging 542-487. Offensive keys to victory teh final week were Cahse Utley, Alfonso Soriano, Prince Fielder and Derrick Lee. Carlos Zambrano, John Smoltz, Justin Verlander and Jose Valverde and K-Rod were key from the hill. Denied in the Weekly league, Tornadoes makes an incredible post-season run from 4th to take the win - congrats to Mark Nelms.

The winners should email me at paulv@matrixgames.com to get info on their prizes. I won't be back in town though until tomorrow (I'm flying back later this morning). You guys all got lucky I was incommunicado on ships so much this season... ;)

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 10/1/2007 7:21:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Congrats to Fantasy Baseball Winners!!! - 10/2/2007 2:33:13 AM   
nelmsm1

Thanks for setting it all up Paul. Had a really good time this summer trying to get my way to the top. Managed it in one league and came oh so close in the other. Lots of fun!

Cruz 2020

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Congrats to Fantasy Baseball Winners!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI