Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Losing it Big Time!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Losing it Big Time! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 2:59:32 AM   
David Heath

Oh I am a New York Met fan but at time like this don't ask me why....... Thank God I am also a Boston fan as well so I still have something to look forward to.

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 10/1/2007 3:01:58 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 3:18:31 AM   
Gil R.

Oh I am a New York Met fan but at time like this don't ask me why....... Thank God I am also a Yankees fan as well so I still have something to look forward to.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 3:39:35 AM   
Goblin

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 5:50:55 AM   
ravinhood

Let us bid a fond farewell to the chokers of this year in baseball. ;) Bye bye Milwaukee, bye bye NY Mets, bye bye Detroit Tigers, bye bye Seattle. hehe As for the Yankee's pffft hope Indians stomp them in 3 ;)

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 4
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 6:51:00 AM   
jchastain

I am a fair weather braves fan.  I have nothing to look forward to and haven't for a while now.  There for a while there was lots to look forward to, but we were pretty consistently disappointed with amazing regularity.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 5
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 7:03:19 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Oh I am a New York Met fan but at time like this don't ask me why....... Thank God I am also a Boston fan as well so I still have something to look forward to.

David

Mets

Try being a Cubs fan......5 outs away from the show with a 8 run lead .....................

Boston V's Cubs , field box would put you back about 5-10 large

< Message edited by Sarge -- 10/1/2007 7:05:48 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 7:06:34 AM   
Sarge

PS: DH is blasphemy

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 7:15:22 AM   
Paul Vebber

Hey, The Padres are MUCH bigger chokers than the Brewers - If they lose to the Rockies, the Brewers will get retribution!. For a young team that lost thier Ace down the stretch, the Brew Crew didn't do too shabby. They will be back next year, hopefully with a better bullpen...

The Red Sox are going all the way again. The Skankees are gonna get axed by the Injuns>

Post #: 8
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 12:45:49 PM   
ravinhood

Nah some fan for the Cubs will screw them out of going to the World Series again just like last time. Cubs have had good teams just ignorant fans. :)

I actually believe it will come down to the Diamondbacks and Yankees and the Yankees will win it in 5. ;) The Yankees have crushed Boston all year long in their games against each other and they have like an 8-3 record vs Indians so if they don't choke like last year they'll be in the WS this year.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 9
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 1:04:51 PM   
Hanal

Well as a SF Giants fan, I have had nothing to brag about for some time, and have never seen them win a World Series since I started following them in '68, so I've seen enough choking on my team to know what Mets fans are feeling...and at least they have a couple of rings on their fingers...

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 10
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 4:13:52 PM   
freeboy

well at least you are not a Pirate fan, Vampires ie seller dwellers.. I remember when they where the team but it has been such a long long time ago!
Anybody remember Stargel/' Stars? Big Dave Parker? Blylevn,sp? Kison... the joys of my youth.. now the locals here in Colorado actually are looking at a Rockies team that is into the post season, if only for a day!

as for me, GO AVE's! now there is a sport worth watching

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 11
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 4:31:23 PM   
wworld7

Oh, I am not a NY Met fan but I still have nothing to look forward to. For you see, I am an Oriole fan. Home of the worst owner in pro sports.

And this fan is also saddled with an die-hard affection for the Miami Dolphins.

Yup, I am screwed for a long time...

< Message edited by flipperwasirish -- 10/1/2007 4:33:39 PM >

Flipper

Post #: 12
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 5:11:52 PM   
freeboy

Miami is only a few players away from redemption.. parity parity parity, they did get royaly screwed with RW his career is up in smoke!

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 13
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 5:24:57 PM   
ravinhood

How bout them sorry Buffalo Bills again this year eh? hehe My Dallas Cowboys gonna put the whoopass on em next week. Watch the play with them in the first half like they did the Rams. What a smear what a shelacking that cometh. giggle snort cough. ;)

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 6:48:00 PM   
Yogi the Great

Brewers gone and as mentioned before a bullpen would sure help, and the ace while good when there has shown that the only thing you can count on is that he will have another injury.

Now of course we are all thrilled about the Pack being back.   At least until the bubble bursts. We are also thrilled that Favre won the most touch down crown before winning the most interceptions crown.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 15
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 9:52:00 PM   
ravinhood

And we all know Peyton Manning will crush all of Farve's records so he better enjoy it the few years he will get to while he can. hehe As far as Dallas their true test comes in a few weeks when they play New England. Now, if they beat them then I'll be a believer. They haven't really played anybody yet but the Giants and the Giants were just luke warm in the opener, they always are. The Bears are weak they aren't going anywhere Brian just ain't his dad. Greenbay and Dallas in NFC championship game and New England and Baltimore for AFC championship. New England and Dallas in Super Bowl and whoever loses this meeting between them in a few weeks will win the Super Bowl. ;) Remember I told you here on this date.

HEYYYYYYYY What did yall think about that State Farm commerical for protection? lol I laughed my butt off everytime I saw it. Has those huge defensive linemen going up what looks like junior high kids as offensive linemen for the opposing team. When that one guy just picks that lil kid up and charges into the backfield I just cracked up.

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 10/1/2007 9:56:43 PM >

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 16
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 9:58:15 PM   
Hanal

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

well at least you are not a Pirate fan, Vampires ie seller dwellers.. I remember when they where the team but it has been such a long long time ago!
Anybody remember Stargel/' Stars? Big Dave Parker? Blylevn,sp? Kison... the joys of my youth.. now the locals here in Colorado actually are looking at a Rockies team that is into the post season, if only for a day!

as for me, GO AVE's! now there is a sport worth watching

Maybe you are a young buck who was not around in 1971, but I still have bitter memories of the Pirates defeating the Giants in the NL Championship series....thanks for the miserable flashback....

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 17
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 10:11:51 PM   
ravinhood

Well at least I got to live long enough to see the Astros make it to the World Series ONCE. lol Sorta wanted to see the Rangers there at least once, but, that cheap bassturd of an owner won't cough up any money for any decent pitching. They've always had batting, but, rarely a decent starting lineup except old outdated pitchers ready for the retirement home like Nolan Ryan and Charlie Huff. Michael Young should have pulled up sticks when he had the chance, he's such a waste on a team like the Rangers.

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 18
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 10:45:23 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Greenbay and Dallas in NFC championship game

Ice Bowl, anyone?

Certainly would bring back memories of my youth. One thing we learned back in the day was to hate the Dallas Cowboys. So the saying almost became "I only root for two teams to win, the Packer's and anyone who is playing the Bear's (except the Cowboys)" seemed to be in order.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 19
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 10:54:15 PM   
BlindOldUmp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge
PS: DH is blasphemy

I heard that - but I'm still pulling for the Tribe - I've got 50 years invested ......... Even though I also have have 49 years invested in the Cubs as well - I'm going for a Cubs/Indians Series with Chief Wahoo on top in 7. Stomp'n the Snayankees!

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 20
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 10:56:22 PM   
ravinhood

Lol Cubs/Indians hehe I bet the odds on that in Vegas are 99-1

(in reply to BlindOldUmp)
Post #: 21
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 11:01:03 PM   
BlindOldUmp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great
quote:

Ice Bowl, anyone?
Certainly would bring back memories of my youth. One thing we learned back in the day was to hate the Dallas Cowboys. So the saying almost became "I only root for two teams to win, the Packer's and anyone who is playing the Bear's (except the Cowboys)" seemed to be in order.

Now Now Now - How could you root Against the Bears the Packs ok but Da Bears - only the Browns rate higher
I will however admit that I saved my - "Whoever is playing" rooting for Whoever is playing the Yankees. & that's US next! -
Yes I'm from the (so called) Mistake on the Lake which is really The Best Location in the Nation.

Post #: 22
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 11:01:31 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

quote:

Ice Bowl, anyone?

I remember that game, when Bart Starr inched his way over the goal line luckily back in the 60's ;) I was there (in my living room) watching it haha I actually was rooting for Green Bay at that time because my dad was a avid Cowboys fan and got all pissed off if anyone rooted for another team against them. lol I also was a big Washington Redskins fan after Chis Hanburger came to our HOUSE with some insurance salesman. My dad was all excited about it, to me he was just another person in our living room lol. My dad had to tell me to ask him for his autograph lol. I wouldn't ask a player for his autograph today either. I think it's rather silly to put these people up on some pedestal like that. They are just doing a job and getting paid for it. Hey I also went swimming with the Lennon Sisters (from the Lawarance Welk show) at Ceasars Palace swimming pool. They were putting on some show there.

Post #: 23
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/1/2007 11:01:39 PM   
BlindOldUmp

quote:

Lol Cubs/Indians hehe I bet the odds on that in Vegas are 99-1

higher I'm sure -

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 24
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/2/2007 4:43:39 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skip_Reed
Yes I'm from the (so called) Mistake on the Lake which is really The Best Location in the Nation.

Please accept my sincere condolences and sympathy

Of course the Bear/Packer rivilary is the longest and perhaps one of the most important and hard fought in Pro Football History.

By the way, why do most all those flatlanders who live in "The Best Location in the Nation" travel up here for vacation and/or building second homes?

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to BlindOldUmp)
Post #: 25
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/2/2007 5:15:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm a Mets fan too - though I admit I've paid much less attention to them over the last five years... I'm also a Jets fan, so I must have a masochistic streak of some kind.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 26
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/2/2007 6:16:35 PM   
BlindOldUmp

Because some of us like it cold ..... PS - Sympathy not required - I'm already in therapy.

< Message edited by Skip_Reed -- 10/2/2007 6:18:47 PM >

Post #: 27
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/3/2007 12:07:47 AM   
CJMello63

Sox and Met fan? That is just weird.

Post #: 28
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/3/2007 1:11:21 AM   
Zap

There seems to be a whole group of posters here that are gluttons for punishment. Just call this the "whipping boy thread." Its tough sometimes being a fan in these frachises that come uphort on a regular basis.

Could there be a connection between being a fan to one of these loosing teams and being a wargamer. hmmmmm? Only your therapist can tell

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 29
RE: Losing it Big Time! - 10/3/2007 2:04:36 AM   
yammahoper

Life long Lions fan...I'm 38 and still hoping.

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Losing it Big Time! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI