Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hello, Just purchased JTCS...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Hello, Just purchased JTCS... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hello, Just purchased JTCS... - 9/17/2007 4:41:21 AM   
Death Method

...and thoroughly enjoying it! Some quick questions.

1. I have played through the first few scenarios of EF and i've done alright, a few draws and a some minor victories. I would like to move on to do a campaign now, and im wondering what campaigns are suitable for a beginner. For DCG's, is this soley based on the force size i choose to command? Are LCG's better for a beginner?

2. Considering the abstraction of 'cover', though i don't know if this is coded into the game. The closest variable i can find to cover is 'concealment'; and it would seem that the better 'concealment' rating my troops have the less likely i will take disruption or losses. But all the manual tells me (that i can pick out) is concealment is what it says, to conceal my troops from being spotted. It mentions no relation to the amount of damage my troops will take. Anything to help clarify this for me would help greatly.
Post #: 1
RE: Hello, Just purchased JTCS... - 9/17/2007 5:25:15 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Death Method

...and thoroughly enjoying it! Some quick questions.

1. I have played through the first few scenarios of EF and i've done alright, a few draws and a some minor victories. I would like to move on to do a campaign now, and im wondering what campaigns are suitable for a beginner. For DCG's, is this soley based on the force size i choose to command? Are LCG's better for a beginner?

I would recommend finding a human opponent and play some of the scenarios by email or online. There are a number of willing players/mentors at The Blitzkrieg Wargame club (http://www.theblitz.org)

Otherwise, LCG's would offer more of a challenge than DCG's.

quote:

2. Considering the abstraction of 'cover', though i don't know if this is coded into the game. The closest variable i can find to cover is 'concealment'; and it would seem that the better 'concealment' rating my troops have the less likely i will take disruption or losses. But all the manual tells me (that i can pick out) is concealment is what it says, to conceal my troops from being spotted. It mentions no relation to the amount of damage my troops will take. Anything to help clarify this for me would help greatly.

Here is a thread on concealment.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1536082

Jason Petho

(in reply to Death Method)
Post #: 2
RE: Hello, Just purchased JTCS... - 9/17/2007 5:42:44 AM   
1925frank

quote:

Concealment addresses how likely your units will be seen by the enemy. The better the concealment, the less likely you'll be seen.

The various hexes have defensive values too. The values are found, I believe, in the parameters drop down. You access the menu drop downs by pushing "m." I don't remember which one it is precisely, but you'll see a bunch of options, and look through those, and you'll find a bunch of additional helpful information. The defensive values are in the manual too in the hex description section.

Post #: 3
RE: Hello, Just purchased JTCS... - 9/17/2007 8:21:30 AM   
Death Method

Ok, ty for the tips all. I'll see what i can figure out. I look forward to a healthy wargaming winter!

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 4
RE: Hello, Just purchased JTCS... - 9/18/2007 3:47:20 PM   
Noypi53

I haven't tried any of the East Front LCGs. I am in an LCG for Rising Sun called Operation Shoestring which is the Guadacanal Operation. If you're into Pacific battles, I heartily recommend this.

Cheers!

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Hello, Just purchased JTCS... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI