Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

france surender?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> france surender? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
france surender? - 8/23/2007 5:27:06 PM   
freeboy

ok, seems something amiss here, I have taken all but 36 points worth of cities and France is listed as "weak" They hold only a few cities along the coast and their army is decimated. To do this I have REALLY streached the Germans, listed as Strong and the Autrians and Turks and Bulgs are barely holding against the reds and greaks.. serbisa too refused to surender with one city left!

So, what does it take to knock out France?
( I am not playing the patched yet.. another issue.. thanks)
Post #: 1
RE: france surender? - 8/23/2007 8:42:06 PM   
hjaco

They start at 100 in morale and loses morale equal to the full value of each French city you take, so you more or less always have to take Paris.

For each exhaustion level they lose a further 20 in morale which most of the time also is a requirement.

Other factors like lost capital ships, food shortages, surrender of allies also can influence but in France it's basically irrelevant.

In my experience you have to push your border to Dijon northwards to Paris and Rouen and take the cities in between. If able to add Orleans or Lyon you don't have to maul the French army that much but they will probably be in your way no matter what

But basically add up city points and other factors when you lay a strategy and figure how that adds up to the magic number 100

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: france surender? - 8/23/2007 8:45:33 PM   
hjaco

I just made a quick count of French cities and came to the conclusion that France still holds Lyon ?

You either have to take Lyon or maul their army enough to cross that exhaustion level which should do the trick.

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 3
RE: france surender? - 8/23/2007 9:40:28 PM   
freeboy

they do.. but not orleans.. and do they need to reach 0?

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 4
RE: france surender? - 8/23/2007 9:47:16 PM   
hjaco

Yep and they get one turn to take back cities to get above 0 again.

Just get you artillery to the south and blast your way to Lyon to end it one way or another.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
RE: france surender? - 8/23/2007 10:07:20 PM   
freeboy

Lyon andthe mighty French fell! and 'non too sone!
So I gues to lose I would need to completely fall apart in the east and the Brits would need to take out turkey.. my error was .. OOPS, I failed to build armies after 1914 and just reinforced what I had.. I did maintain airsuperiority though, now to see what we can do about those pesky russians!

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 6
RE: france surender? - 8/23/2007 10:17:50 PM   
hjaco

Great

I seldom get to build new units with Germany. Refitting existing units and replacing offensive points is usually all i can afford.

Careful about victory points. I don't quite recall how it's worked out but it's something like you loose half your victory points or so pr. year. So if the game goes into 1919 you have to pull a leg or two somewhere else preferably sending Lenin to Russia

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
RE: france surender? - 8/24/2007 1:20:42 AM   
freeboy

does the game ever end? that is before 1919 without you chossing "end now" at year end? ie will either side face total loss?

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 8
RE: france surender? - 8/24/2007 1:21:41 AM   
SMK-at-work

Yes - if Germany is forced to surrender, or both France and Russia surrender then the game ends with a decisive victory to the other side.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: france surender? - 8/24/2007 1:22:44 AM   
freeboy

thanks, super quick response award of the day

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> france surender? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI