Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wish List SPW@W and beyond

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wish List SPW@W and beyond Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wish List SPW@W and beyond - 9/3/2000 1:23:00 AM   
waynef

My small wish list...cosmetic really... A) With the increase resolution to 800x600, the units "look" smaller on my 19" screen. I feel like Im playing Close Combat (look like ants). Here's the wish: Increased level of ZOOM by 1. I'd like to zoom in 1 more level to get closer to the action and detail. Possible? B) Victory/ Objective Flags..can we reduce the flag by 50% and move to the upper right corner of the hex? This would allow you to see more of the hex and whats under the Victory/ Objective marker. On another topic...SP:Modern War ('46-06), please include as many countries and equipment as possible. Sweeden, S.Africa, Argentina, Brazil Baltic states etc...please, please! Thanks Great game ------------------ Thanks Wayne

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne
Post #: 1
- 9/3/2000 1:35:00 AM   
Voriax

Sorry if these are obvious but... A) Have you set the icon size to the maximum? B) You can remove the victory flags so it's easy to examine the terrain. Also the infor box tells the terrain type if you point the cursor over the hex. See preferences screen for both of these. I personally want to keep the victory flags in current size. it's already often difficult to spot the flag or who owns it if there are wrecks or fire in the hex.

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 2
- 9/3/2000 2:41:00 AM   
waynef

Regarding my wishes.... A) Icon size set to max. Screen resolution changed from 640x480 to 800x600 without added zoom. I would like the extra zoom to see as before (640x480). This would take advantage of the increased terrain toles and visual effects. Hey its eye candy, I know but it enhances the game. B) How about options that allows 1) Hexes as they are today (normal) 2)Floating victory hexes, 3) reduced size victory hex and 4) do not show victory hex. PS.. There used to be a patch for the victory hexes by Rifraf that reduced the size of the victory hexes so they were less obtrusive. They were very easy to see even with disabled vehicles. Just some thoughts... ------------------ Thanks Wayne

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 3
- 9/3/2000 1:09:00 PM   
Bonzo

quote:

Originally posted by waynef: Regarding my wishes.... A) Icon size set to max. Screen resolution changed from 640x480 to 800x600 without added zoom. I would like the extra zoom to see as before (640x480). This would take advantage of the increased terrain toles and visual effects. Hey its eye candy, I know but it enhances the game. B) How about options that allows 1) Hexes as they are today (normal) 2)Floating victory hexes, 3) reduced size victory hex and 4) do not show victory hex. PS.. There used to be a patch for the victory hexes by Rifraf that reduced the size of the victory hexes so they were less obtrusive. They were very easy to see even with disabled vehicles. Just some thoughts...
I think that at the current full zoom, you are near the max resolution of the tile art. Further zoom may not give more detail, just pixelation & I don't think it is reasonable or (even fesible) to make changes to the tile resolutions at this stage of development. Bonzo

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 4
- 9/3/2000 10:49:00 PM   
Venger

The thing to remember about asking for zooms and resolution changes etc. are that they often require a great deal of graphic work to make them look presentable. A new zoom level would require a new bitmap of every piece of equipment in the game. Not that I'd mind it though... Venger

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wish List SPW@W and beyond Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI