Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can someone please explain to me....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Can someone please explain to me.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can someone please explain to me.... - 6/9/2007 5:55:30 AM   
Thresh

I have finally uploaded the new patch, and started playing the new scenarios.

I am playing the Southern Steel Campaign, and it is July of 1862. I, as the Union player, spent all of 1861 and the first part of 62 building troops, containers, arsenals and camps. I have fought a few small battles, and readied my Summer offensive, which I launched last month

In Fredericksburg I was attacked by an Army that had 140K men in it, against 98K of my own.

In Tennessee, I was attacked by 165K confederates, against 76K of my own. In Kentucky, my small Army of Ohio with 54K is opposed by 68K, and in Arkansas there are 40K confeds to my 28K Union.

The 40K men I floated to New Orleans are withering on the vine because apparently they are out of supply, despite holding the city and the union navy having control of the seas.

Tell me again why this is more accurate? Or rather tell me how its possible, because when I try doing the same as the South, I get crushed by 1863 because I don't have the numbers, no matter how hard I build/muster/conscript.

Thresh

< Message edited by Thresh -- 6/9/2007 5:57:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can someone please explain to me.... - 6/9/2007 6:17:43 AM   
ericbabe

AI receives economic bonuses depending on difficulty level.  Initial OOBs and base economic numbers are closer to the means of the historical ranges than in the Standard scenario (which tends to use numbers in ranges that favor the CSA for the sake of play balance).

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 2
RE: Can someone please explain to me.... - 6/9/2007 6:55:57 AM   
Walloc

Having played alot. I think i answered some of this issue in this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1468381

1 thing i notice is that US starts with nearly 200k troops in field armies.
U in july 62 with out much fighting have 300k. Considering replacements alone in that periode would be 30k. If u bought camps easily way more. Thats not a very high degree / rapid expansion.

If i was playing US i'd have at leased 100k to 200k more troops. Explained in that thread how i do it.
SS starts in Nov. U have 2 chances of mustering by july 62. With out going nuts in musterings that should easily give u 100k 200k more men. Going mustering nuts and pulling garrisons would give 300k+ men.

As to how many troops CSA can get by july 62 with no figthing. I'd say i can get 150k troops with musterings and replacements with no figthings and i get no AI bonus's. I'd personally take out alot of garrisons yielding another 50k men.

Here is some strategies i use as CSA in SS to win by late 62 or early 63.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1455326

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 6/9/2007 7:02:52 AM >

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Can someone please explain to me.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI