Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HTTR on Samsung Q1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> Highway to the Reich Support >> HTTR on Samsung Q1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTR on Samsung Q1 - 5/4/2007 12:00:59 PM   
IanAM

Hi

Slightly obscure question here, but I wonder if anyone can help...

I have the Samsung Q1 Ultra-Mobile PC which easily has computing power to run HTTR - but only has a native screen resolution of 800x480. It does however have two 'virtual' screen modes of 800x600 and 1024x768. These modes 'fool' a lot of apps and games into believing they're on a higher resolution display and allow them to run - even non-windowed full screen games.

However, I have hit a stumbling block with HTTR :( On first launch of HTTR after installation it asks what screen resolution you would like to use, but on the Q1 ALL the options are greyed out and cannot be selected, so I cannot proceed to launch the game.

All I would like to know is whether I can change setting somewhere to bypass this initial resolution choice and make HTTR launch straight into 800x600 mode to see whether it will run on the Q1. Is there an ini file or reg setting I can manually edit to force such a choice? Anything else anyone can suggest?

Thanks in advance

< Message edited by IanAM -- 5/4/2007 3:05:02 PM >

Ian

hill107.net - documents and photos relating to the Battle of Arnhem, Battle of Crete, WW2 Airborne
Post #: 1
RE: HTTR on Samsung Q1 - 5/4/2007 12:40:30 PM   
Arjuna

Ian,

Welcome.

Unfortunately you're out of luck. The min for HTTR is 800 x 600. For COTA it's 1024 x 768.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to IanAM)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTR on Samsung Q1 - 5/4/2007 12:55:54 PM   
IanAM

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I'm aware of that, but the virtual display mode of the Q1 does act like a native 800x600 display for a lot of applications - I've run a number of 'minimum spec 800x600' non-windowed games successfully.

Is there no way just to bypass that initial screen resolution choice and force the game to launch into 800x600 mode - just out of curiosity, to see what happens?

Edit: If it blows up my Q1, I won't sue :)

< Message edited by IanAM -- 5/4/2007 2:51:01 PM >

Ian

hill107.net - documents and photos relating to the Battle of Arnhem, Battle of Crete, WW2 Airborne

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: HTTR on Samsung Q1 - 5/4/2007 5:39:18 PM   
simovitch

IanAM,

right click the HTTR icon on you desktop, click 'properties' and paste this command to the "start in" line:

"C:\Matrix Games\Highway to the Reich\HTTR.exe" /resolution 800x600

(make sure you include quotation marks)

Assuming of course that your path is C:\Matrix Games\Highway to the Reich\HTTR.exe. This should do the trick.

simovitch

(in reply to IanAM)
Post #: 4
RE: HTTR on Samsung Q1 - 5/21/2007 10:31:04 AM   
IanAM

Hi

A belated thanks - the command line switch is exactly what I wanted to try out. In the event it didn't work anyway (just got a 'resolution not supported' error), but at least I know now :(

Have to stick with Battles in Normandy, which works fine even if the icons are very difficult to read!

Ian

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> Highway to the Reich Support >> HTTR on Samsung Q1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI