Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Case Blue and Baku

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Case Blue and Baku Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Case Blue and Baku - 4/6/2007 4:01:50 AM   
DeadInThrench

I imagine this has come up before but... I brought up the Case Blue scenario and checked the victory conditions and, for the Axis, one of the victory cities is Baku and, sheesh, it isn't on the map that is used <g>.

I imagine one could scrounge and find the place in the scenario file where it defines the map and add the line or two of hexes in the south that would put Baku in there but... I looked at the scenario files in a hex editor and where the map is defined... did not appear to be obvious.

So, otherwise... well, guess you just gotta take Stalingrad as well as the remaining cities, no?

Thanks,

DiT
Post #: 1
RE: Case Blue and Baku - 4/6/2007 3:39:23 PM   
asa

Well, Baku actually IS there (hex 71,64) at the southeasternmost corner of the map

(in reply to DeadInThrench)
Post #: 2
RE: Case Blue and Baku - 4/6/2007 6:59:06 PM   
deterrumeversor

DIT is correct.
In the "Case Blue" scenario it is not on the map. As this is a limited map scenario, it is covered by the tool bar at the bottom of the screen.
So the question is still valid and unanswered. I also would like to know how to capture a "missing" city.

(in reply to asa)
Post #: 3
RE: Case Blue and Baku - 4/6/2007 11:38:52 PM   
DeadInThrench

Are we possibly talking about different versions of the game here? I am using the Matrix verion 3.3... and the dates I have on the files are 12/20/02 for OBSG and 09/18/01 for OBSG.MD.

Hmmm... I also checked and on the campaign map Baku is one hex row to the south of the Case Blue map that is all. Also, I checked from both DosBox and normal display and both were the same. I brought up Second Front, and the 'Stalingrad' scenaio there.... had Baku on the map.

Yeah... would be really strange if it was showing on some people's systems and not others... also... sometimes in scrolling on a map I end up being able to scroll way past the map that is given... and I thus wonder if I get a unit down there if the map would let me move into Baku... showing it or not. Yeah, could maybe play both sides and move the Russians out of the way to test this... whatever.

DiT

(in reply to asa)
Post #: 4
RE: Case Blue and Baku - 4/6/2007 11:42:05 PM   
DeadInThrench

Oh, I checked the wir.exe date and it is.... 1/12/03.

DiT

(in reply to asa)
Post #: 5
RE: Case Blue and Baku - 4/12/2007 6:36:55 PM   
Misi75

Indeed, Baku is not on the map for this scenario, because it uses a limited map that ends just north of that city. It must be an accidental bug, but can be fixed easily. Just use the scenario editor (editwir.exe) to specify the correct coordinates for the lower right corner of the map. I did the same myself, it works.

(in reply to DeadInThrench)
Post #: 6
RE: Case Blue and Baku - 4/13/2007 7:40:09 PM   
DeadInThrench

That worked!

Hehe... nice to get something fixed for a change <g>.

Since the most the map could go south was 65, I increased it to that
rather than just increasing it to the needed 64.

Thanks for the help!

DiT

P.S. Oh, I had actually looked at the editors to see if I could get at things that way but, apparently, didn't look deep enough.

(in reply to Misi75)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Case Blue and Baku Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI