Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wish List : "drawing overlay"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Wish List : "drawing overlay" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wish List : "drawing overlay" - 4/2/2007 9:47:52 PM   
DDSCWarrior_slith

Hi,

Not sure this is the right forum to post this, anyway I'm a long time TOAW player I II, COAW and now III.
Each version got better, probably this is also why our wish list is growing......

One this I would really like is something as a "paint" transparant overlay on the map, ideally linked to the map and its zooming level, on which I could as "general" draw my plan. e.g Brigade/Division Boundries, lines of advance etc...all the military stuff we all know.

Should not be fancy: just able to draw what I want to do/ to be done, wipe if needed etc... could even be help in playing with multiple people : - one General drawing the intentions, line of advance etc.... the others "executing"

Any good idea?
Post #: 1
RE: Wish List : "drawing overlay" - 4/2/2007 10:47:47 PM   
TPM

quote:

ORIGINAL: DDSCWarrior

Hi,

Not sure this is the right forum to post this, anyway I'm a long time TOAW player I II, COAW and now III.
Each version got better, probably this is also why our wish list is growing......

One this I would really like is something as a "paint" transparant overlay on the map, ideally linked to the map and its zooming level, on which I could as "general" draw my plan. e.g Brigade/Division Boundries, lines of advance etc...all the military stuff we all know.

Should not be fancy: just able to draw what I want to do/ to be done, wipe if needed etc... could even be help in playing with multiple people : - one General drawing the intentions, line of advance etc.... the others "executing"

Any good idea?

This is a fantastic idea. I wish every wargame had this ability...you need to be able to make broad strokes, lay out in general what you want to accomplish, put arrival and objective dates on there, etc. So many times in these games you're just kind of floating along, attacking here and there, etc. Yes, I guess you could screen capture a map and then go into photoshop, etc., but I'd like something in the game...an overlay exactly as you described it. Great idea.

(in reply to DDSCWarrior_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Wish List : "drawing overlay" - 4/3/2007 1:19:18 AM   
JAMiAM

Maybe in another 10 years when *everyone* has touchscreen LCD displays, TOAW V will support it. I need to get mentally prepared to handle the support posts complaining about people's chili stains on the screens interfering with the timing and planning of the movement of their Panzer divisions...

I'm going to move this to the general forum, since it's not a support issue...yet...

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 3
RE: Wish List : "drawing overlay" - 4/3/2007 2:33:15 AM   
m5000.2006

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

Maybe in another 10 years when *everyone* has touchscreen LCD displays, TOAW V will support it. I need to get mentally prepared to handle the support posts complaining about people's chili stains on the screens interfering with the timing and planning of the movement of their Panzer divisions...

I'm going to move this to the general forum, since it's not a support issue...yet...

mmmm, so maybe hexside rivers instead...?

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
LC

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 4
RE: Wish List : "drawing overlay" - 4/3/2007 2:47:14 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: m5000.2006
mmmm, so maybe hexside rivers instead...?

Gee...you guys are a tough crowd...

(in reply to m5000.2006)
Post #: 5
RE: Wish List : "drawing overlay" - 4/3/2007 2:21:27 PM   
saintsup

quote:

ORIGINAL: DDSCWarrior

Hi,

Any good idea?

I would love that !!

I'm a little tired to keep a tab in paper of each objective for each formation ... which must be done in big scenarios

(in reply to DDSCWarrior_slith)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Wish List : "drawing overlay" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI