Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for opponent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for opponent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for opponent - 2/16/2007 4:41:34 PM   
dobeln

Trying to weasel my way into the tournament as a substitute, but if that fails, having another game running would be neat. Level: I will play anyone, but be warned that I've played both games pretty much (too much? :P) You pick the side. Reply in thread as well to let others know spot taken :)
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/16/2007 6:40:55 PM   
christian brown

Why not try Brian's new mod, I'll take you on with that, expect an e-mail with files and later on an axis opener in your gmail acount....please send back your axis opener after upgrading to GGWaWGG....RSVP

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to dobeln)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/16/2007 7:14:30 PM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: christian brown
Why not try Brian's new mod, I'll take you on with that, expect an e-mail with files and later on an axis opener in your gmail acount....please send back your axis opener after upgrading to GGWaWGG....RSVP

Well, we don't know yet if the mod is an "ugrade", it needs some test. I'd love to hear of it if you do play, since I recognize that some adjustments may need to be made.

But since you are both testers, it would indeed be great if you could use the latest build (available on the dev forum) whether you play a stock scenario or the mod.

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/16/2007 8:00:40 PM   
dobeln

Okies - awaiting turn / files! :) 

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/16/2007 8:44:19 PM   
christian brown

Sure, that's the point.  See if it "works".  Should be fun, I just read the manual you published aong with GGWWaWGG and am impressed with the reasoning and apparent balance within it. 

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/17/2007 11:49:35 AM   
christian brown

Hmmm, you'll have my opener later today (1800?) but I've had 5 delivery failures while trying to send you GGWaWGG, I will ask someone else to send it to you

~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to dobeln)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/18/2007 5:25:43 PM   
dobeln

Got the Mail from rjh1971 (thanks! :) ) but haven't gotten anything so far from you Chris, mail trouble? 

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/22/2007 12:27:55 AM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: dobeln

Got the Mail from rjh1971 (thanks! :) ) but haven't gotten anything so far from you Chris, mail trouble? 

No problem dobeln, anything you may need , fyi Christian hasn't got a dsl line right now , hopefully in a couple of weeks (the sooner the better)

(in reply to dobeln)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for opponent - 2/22/2007 1:13:45 AM   
WanderingHead

Hmm, I was also waiting for a turn from Christian. I take it that this means I should not wait, or should at least be very very patient while I wait.

Dobeln, if you would like to play the GG scenario with the test-code, then I can send you an Axis opener this evening.

This would be my second simultaneous game (if Rafael and I are successful at starting one), which is all I can handle.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for opponent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI