Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI and Victory Points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> AI and Victory Points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI and Victory Points - 2/10/2007 5:51:12 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

Does the AI get a cheat to help it by tilting the victory points given in it's favor for battles?

I ask because I've read the rules and don't get this result.

Battle Total for VPs 0
-I was Union and moved into the Fredricksburg province. He attacked me. I had 32K and he had 28K. I won.
-AI did the usual of moving single Bdes into my provinces and they would get beat back. No other battles.
Battle Total for VPs 1 for me -1 for AI. (I get scored like I won the 3rd most recent battle)

Next turn.
-I attack him out west and I have 22K and he has 18K with a good general and a fort in the province. He wins.
-AI did the usual of moving single Bdes into my provinces and they would get beat back. No other battles.
Battle Total for VPs -6 for me 6 for the AI.

Reading the rules I don't get it. A 7 point swing when there has only been 2 battles to earn points and I won 1 of them. Even with a +3 for the most recent battle I don't see how the AI could possible jump to 6 and I fall that much. It's scored like the AI's won the last 3 decisive battles which isn't the case.

< Message edited by tiredoftryingnames -- 2/10/2007 6:05:45 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AI and Victory Points - 2/10/2007 6:48:12 PM   
General Quarters

I often see VPs change and don't know why. I can see which categories they are in but I am still mystified. It is like flying blind. I would like a screen that gives an analysis of your current VPs and maybe of the last change.

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 2
RE: AI and Victory Points - 2/10/2007 8:12:10 PM   
Gil R.

That -6/+6 swing was an error of some sort. It is item #20 on Eric's "to-do" list for this patch, and has been fixed.

Not an AI cheat.

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 3
RE: AI and Victory Points - 2/10/2007 9:08:33 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

Well that's good to know. At least I understand the rules as they are suppose to work. I was starting to doubt I could do basic math.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: AI and Victory Points - 2/12/2007 1:59:09 AM   
christof139

quote:

Well that's good to know. At least I understand the rules as they are suppose to work. I was starting to doubt I could do basic math.

1 + 1 = 8, with quad-pumping, or = P4 IOTW. What this has do to with anything I dunna knowe or know. m Those funny ACW-Victorian Age women with their BSB's (Back Side Busses) and their vindicative L2 Memories must have gotten to me methinx.

Cheers, Chris

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> AI and Victory Points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI