Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is the consensus regarding the current patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >>
Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>

What is the consensus regarding the current patch? - 2/3/2007 7:17:05 PM   
mmacguinness

Is patch 3.8.06 cumulative including 3.7.3 or do I need to first install 3.7.3?

What is the consensus regarding the current patch? What proportion of reported bugs does it fix?

VCDH - FWIW - I have bought every version of Harpoon and all Battlesets since v1 way back in early 1990, including multiple copies of H2 to replace lost/damaged discs. I have H2 and H4 paper rules too. I bought ANW as soon as it was released, but haven't had time to play it yet. Just as I'm about to get back into it I am amazed and very disappointed to read of the volume of serious bugs in this latest version.
I have read both sides of the story as it is laid out in the forums.
It looks to me like some very ill-advised design decisions have been made.
Post #: 1
RE: - 2/3/2007 10:29:37 PM   
mmacguinness

Well, H3 was certainly light years ahead of H2, Jesse did a great job there, no doubt about that.

Haven't installed the patches yet, but jumped straight in at the deep end, the Formosa scenario with the v6.5.31 DB. Slow, much slower than v3.6 even though on a brand new faster computer and about twenty minutes into the game, just watching the action, it crashed and shutdown.

No idea why. I wasn't doing anything. Hadn't touched the computer for several minutes. In fact, after initially giving orders to units and setting up a couple of missions, I saved the game before starting play. After the start, the only thing I did was change course for 1 sub to intercept a SAG. Missiles impacting Taiwan, SAG's fighting north of the island, Helicopters launching from Sasebo on ferry mission to TF82.0 Hadn't launched many aircraft, waiting for dark.

BTW,how does Harpoon calc day/night?
The Formosa scenario starts at 14:00Z in October. That's 22:00 local time in China/Taiwan, definitely night time at that hour but H3 reported "Day"?????

I am accustomed to tucking the game status, platform and message windows on the right side of the screen. All previous versions saved window positions in saved games. This version does not. When I open the saved game the windows are relocated to the left side. Why the change? Seems pointless.

(in reply to mmacguinness)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >>
Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts