Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Artillery in QB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Artillery in QB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Artillery in QB - 1/24/2007 5:35:43 AM   
General Quarters

In QB, no artillery units appear on the screen, yet the action reported includes things like "US Artillery 1 has no casualties." I found that message every turn in one big battle, preceded by "CSA unit such and such has 3,000+ casualties." So Union artillery was devastating. Is this some kind of shadow or abstracted action, or what?
Post #: 1
RE: Artillery in QB - 1/24/2007 5:44:38 AM   
chris0827

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Quarters

In QB, no artillery units appear on the screen, yet the action reported includes things like "US Artillery 1 has no casualties." I found that message every turn in one big battle, preceded by "CSA unit such and such has 3,000+ casualties." So Union artillery was devastating. Is this some kind of shadow or abstracted action, or what?

Sometimes the artillery looks like infantry

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 2
RE: Artillery in QB - 1/24/2007 6:10:30 AM   
Twotribes

There is also one or more types that simple are invisble in quick battle. This I believe is addressed in the up coming patch.

They are there you just cant see them, if they are yours you know they are there for placement because the "empty" box is highlighted and when you scroll over it, it gives you the name and stats.

(in reply to chris0827)
Post #: 3
RE: Artillery in QB - 1/24/2007 6:52:39 AM   
Drex

here I thought it was something wrong with my download.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Artillery in QB - 1/24/2007 3:03:45 PM   
Hard Sarge

okay, one thing I have seen, is if the Arty has IW weapons, it changes to a Inf Icon for some reason (thinking weapon based)

also, some of the art worked did not get linked up correctly (some late minute changes, and they were not guns types that I normally would be useing, so I didn't see it)

all of the weapon types should show in QC now

(remember, in some of these battles, not even unit will show up, so you may know you have something there and not see it, it means it didn't make it to the battle, but as tribes said, you may see a open space on the grid, right click on it and if it is there, you will see the detail for the unit)

(in reply to Drex)
Post #: 5
RE: Artillery in QB - 1/24/2007 5:50:17 PM   
General Quarters

Ah, yes, I see now. Thanks, Chris, Twotribes, Hard Sarge. I'm glad the patch is addressing this.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Artillery in QB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI