Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

H3.8 Release Candidate 4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> H3.8 Release Candidate 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
H3.8 Release Candidate 4 - 1/10/2007 6:39:22 PM   
zacklaws

Having been happy with all releases of Harpoon since it first came out, I always put bugs etc down to weapon system malfunctions, pilot errors, etc as opposed to bugs in the programme etc (for a bit of reality lol, well what does work perfect in real life.) and using Harpoon 3 patched to 3.7.3 and encountering no major problems, I tried the H3.8 Release Candidate 4 which has just been released and found it to just give me CTD's and as it happened so fast could not see what Harpoon was loading at the time after I had selected and opened a scenario. The last words I would see would relate to multiplay or something like that before CTDing. On one occasion it screwed my system up so bad that I had to reboot.

I looked in the config for clues but saw nothing unusual. Trying different databases, scenarios etc made no difference, even ones that I have recently run would not work. In the end I deleted the whole lot reinstalled and patched to 3.7.3.

The only thing that has niggled me is all the scenarios that I had, I could not relate to what database they were associated with so I deleted the lot. Perhaps there should be a better naming convention whereby each scenario has its related database in its name.
Post #: 1
RE: H3.8 Release Candidate 4 - 1/11/2007 12:01:47 AM   
zacklaws

Hi

I tried four different databases, the Standard, ANW 1.4, ANW 2.0 and DB 2000 with different scenarios that have worked in the past, but as I have deleted everything I cannot recall what scenarios they were apart from "Air Lane Raiders" with the Standard database which normally ran in the past but even that crashed.

I have retook the plunge and once again patched to "H3.8 Release Candidate 4" but this time Harpoon launches properly after opening a scenario. The only difference being is that I have not used the "371" patch. I have only used "373" followed by "H3.8 Release Candidate 4". and not yet added any other scenarios or databases

What I am going to try and do is restore my deleted copy of Harpoon and look for the Crash Txt file.
Post #: 2
RE: H3.8 Release Candidate 4 - 1/11/2007 12:19:46 AM   
zacklaws

I have recovered my Deleted Harpoon ANW and sent you the the "Crash Txt's". I have also now tried running the programme again with the Standard database along with "Air Lane Raiders" but once again it CTD's on opening the scenario. The last message I see is " Multiple Root Subscribers In Network" which is repeated 3 times then CTD.

As I have never played online I have never altered anything in the config for multiplay or touched anything on those lines. Harpoon played well previously till updateing with this "Canditate 4"

My latest installtion up to "Canditate 4" though is working perfect where as my recovered Version constantly CTD's
Post #: 3
RE: H3.8 Release Candidate 4 - 1/11/2007 4:33:05 PM   
zacklaws

Both copies are still on my hardrive. The original old one patched to canditate 4 that constantly crashed which I deleted and have restored still crashes in the same manner. My new installation from fresh yesterday and patched also to canditate 4 works perfect.

Both copies had been patched from the same download so that rules out a bad download so it probably screwed up on the installation first time.

Checked both installations and both have identical credit.res file and tutorial.res files, same size 8kb and 109kb and dates, 31/12/2006
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> H3.8 Release Candidate 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI