Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Belgian surrender in EA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Belgian surrender in EA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Belgian surrender in EA - 1/7/2007 6:30:53 PM   
macgregor

Do the Belgians ever surrender? I've controlled Brussels since early May and it's now mid August. I suppose all games are a waste of time but when they don't respond correctly the point is really emphasized.

< Message edited by macgregor -- 1/7/2007 6:48:22 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Belgian surrender in EA - 1/7/2007 7:47:03 PM   
freeboy

I have seen them surrender wuickly and again they are gone and still do not surrender, I guess after France falls.. then maybe free Belgium in Eng?

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 2
RE: Belgian surrender in EA - 1/7/2007 8:18:38 PM   
Veers

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor

Do the Belgians ever surrender? I've controlled Brussels since early May and it's now mid August. I suppose all games are a waste of time but when they don't respond correctly the point is really emphasized.

Well, that's not a very nice thing to say when you're asking a question about a game...
Regarding the question, however, which version of EA are you playing? The latest one from Xtreme-Gamer or Rugged Defence, TOAW III (b)? Or the version that came with TOAW III? The version that came with TOAW III was reported to have several errors, so MArk Steves reconverted it to a point where it should work (and that's the newest version over at Extreme-Gamer.
However, are you sure that the Belgians did not surrender, and the Belgian units you now see are units that reconstituted before they could be withdrawn? If you read the manual that comes with the scenario you will note that this is mentioned and these units shoudl be used as Belgians(it also happens to others) that escaped to fight in exile.
If you have your oppoenent look at the Belgian formation he will be able to see if any in that formation are marked as 'withdrawn'. If one or more are, than the previous explanation is probably correct. If none of them are, there is the chance that it is some kind of error.

To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 3
RE: Belgian surrender in EA - 1/9/2007 12:05:55 AM   
macgregor

It was not my intention to offend anyone, I'm just annoyed. This is not the latest version though neither one of us wanted to start over(on turn 33 when the update was released).Oh well, I may not get to Paris. I still have to invest the entire Belgian army at the Dutch border. The didn't reconstitute.They just never surrendered(and appear to be in very good supply}.

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Belgian surrender in EA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI