Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

F&I War Observations re:the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America >> F&I War Observations re:the AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
F&I War Observations re:the AI - 1/5/2007 8:50:55 PM   
jjjanos

I love the game, but I have just a couple of observations I've noticed while playing the Brits against the French...

1. Fort Duquesne falls easily to Braddock. The French don't defend with anything other than the garrison and send all of the available forces into the DC suburbs. The consequence of this is that the Westtern PA forts and the strategic objective fall to the Brits very early in the war.

2. The French seem rather wasteful in their use of their Native and irregular forces. Lots of assaults on forts and cities in N.Va, Maryland and the Lancaster Valley. These forces destroy one or two militia garrisons before being wiped-out.

3. The French seem obsessed with sending their Regulars deep into the Connecticut River valley to the exclusion of defending the objectives. I've consistently destroyed several regiments in Rhode Island and Connecticut.

4. The French seemed obsessed with provoking the Iroquois into entering the war at an early date. Almost invariably, a French detachment will move throught Iroquois territory, attack a village and bring the entire nation into the war. In my opinion, the last thing the French need is an additional enemy.

5. The French use their native forces to raid into Iroquois and often destroy the dedicated village unit, but then fail to burn the village. Seems to me that, having taken the hits and often losing subunits in the process, a successful campaign would burn the village to the ground.

Any thoughts or comments from others?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America >> F&I War Observations re:the AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI