Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'43 The Mediteranean Front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> '43 The Mediteranean Front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'43 The Mediteranean Front - 12/13/2006 1:17:26 PM   
deterrumeversor

This is not neccesarily a "rant" (though it is a little), and certainly not an attempt to start any flame wars.. it is just the act of questioning....why? and how come?

According to everything that I have read in the manual and in the readme files ie. version updates (v2.103); The Axis forces are cut down to 1/3rd in '43 if still fighting in Afrika/Sicily. Yet with a commander rating of 9 (Kesselring) and a force level of 9500 Axis to 2500 Allied (a force ratio of 3.8 to 1) the Med front still shatters.. Why? And untill the Allies are in Italy it continues to show that the Axis position is untenable (ie shatters).. also why? If the Axis player is willing to strip the Eastern front to put the forces in place to keep Afrika/Sicily why is it shattering anyways? I know that this is what happened historically; yet, after all every one of these games is a "what if" scenario. From everything that I have read (updates) it went from the Axis being able to hold indefinetly (v2.003, v2.004) to the Axis being unlikely to stay in Afrika until '45 in (v2.006. What are the new routines for Allied strength calulation (v2.106) ?. I loved this game when it first came out and still do.. I just would like to know what I have to do to keep the Southern front and it's production both in manpower and aircraft. (gotta love them Macchi C205's)

Post #: 1
RE: '43 The Mediteranean Front - 12/14/2006 10:18:24 PM   
Capt. Harlock

My guess would be that the program assumes the Axis lose the ability to contest the Mediterranean sea. This allows Malta to be supplied, which in turn cuts off supply to Axis forces not on continental Europe.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to deterrumeversor)
Post #: 2
RE: '43 The Mediteranean Front - 3/15/2007 11:06:22 PM   
Morphy

This is why I hate 1943 campaigns: what a sense does it have if playing as Germans the front ALWAYS is to shatter?

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> '43 The Mediteranean Front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI