I am looking for a JAPANESE opponent for scenario 158 (CHS version 2.08, Nik Mod, on Andrew's extended map v6.3a) with a 2 day turn cycle. I live in the Eastern time zone of the US and can reliably do at least 5 turns a week. I am new to PBEM with CHS but have played several stock PBEMs to as late as 8/42 before my opponents dissapeared. I am looking for an opponent willing to stick with it regardless of events ingame or out. Please reply here or email email@example.com if interested.
Sub Doctrines = off
FOW = on
Allied damage control = on
Hist 1st turn = no
PDU = on
Vary Setup = off
Dec 7 suprise = on
Reinforcements = historical
Auto sub ops = off
Expand at start = off
Automatic upgrades = off
Accept replacements = off
Turn cycle = 2
House Rules suggested-
I have reviewed all the house rules people seem to be using and suggest the following set for this game.
1. The allied player on turn 1 will not enter ANY orders to ANYTHING to simulate the japanese achieving total surprise - except for moving the cvs that are already at sea. (No creating tfs, no orders in china, no tweaking the cap over PH, no pacific fleet NOT being in PH on turn 1 - After the Japanese player gets their free punch on turn 1 the US player can do all that on turn 2.
Basically the japanese players sends their opening turn, the us player loads it up, moves the CVs and sends it straight back about 2 minutes later.
2. For the Japanese player, all first turn landings need to be in range of long range cap of Jap fighters, for example: Java, Sumatra, Timor, and Sulawesi are NOT OK. Philipines, Borneo etc. ARE OK.
3. The Japanese player cannot PORT attack any base on turn 1 other than Pearl Harbor.
4. Air or ground units belonging to the Kwangtung command may not leave Manchuria unless PP's are spent to change their command.
4. Air or ground units belonging to China Command may not leave China or Manchuria, unless they change command.
5. The Japanese are not allowed to enter the Panama and Aden passages. In addition no Japanese units allowed within 4 hexes of the exits from the Aden and Panama passages.
6. No cutting off retreat paths with a fragment, you must use a whole COMBAT unit (a unit with at least 1 assault point).
7. No Allied 4 engined bombers allowed on Naval Attack below 10000 ft
8. No 2 engine Bomber units allowed to upgrade to 4 engine bombers as the allies.
9. PT Boats: PT boats can only be in a TF by themselves.
10. No more than 8 ships in a ASW TF 11.
11. Limit of two AA units per hex once they leave their start base. No mass flak bases
12. Stacking limit of 100 planes per airfield level and no more then 500 carrier born planes in one hex
13. No submarine Invasions
< Message edited by Jzanes -- 11/29/2006 8:58:20 PM >