Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Somewat buggy ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Somewat buggy ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Somewat buggy ? - 11/9/2006 12:38:33 AM   
ei3014

I was playing the allies, left UK a little vacant to see what happened, Germany attempted invasion, and went round and round in circles, moving ships about until eternity. Would the save game file help ?

Where would you like it sent to ?

One Bug doesn't make a spring, but have had a few crashes (thanks for the Autosave) and couldn't work out how to turn the animation I saw on a friends copy on (I think this was just WaW not WaWaWD)

Any news on when the next patch is out - unsurprisingly for a game of this scale looks like there are quite a few issues to address.

Thanks for making what will be a great game though

Geoff
Post #: 1
RE: Somewat buggy ? - 11/9/2006 1:37:43 AM   
Joel Billings

Please send saves to Dan (at dleon0@student.umass.edu) and me (at jabgamer@2by3games.com). We have seen slowdowns in the AI (especially with the AI testing possible invasions, usually for the WA late in the game), but I haven't heard of any crashes. In testing we had few crashes but since we worked on the AI until the end, it is possible that a late change created a bug. Please do me a favor and reload any save you send to us and confirm that the problem is repeatable (also try it without AI move animations as it may turn out that given enough time the AI would finish the move). Saves that allow us to repeat the problem are critically important and will be much appreciated.

As for combat animations, that's in WaW only, not AWD. In WaW there is a preference item to adjust this, but it does not appear in AWD.

As for the patch, there is no ETA at the moment. There's been about a dozen bugs so far, but only a few that seem to impact normal play and even these have limited areas of impact. Some programming work has begun, but we're waiting to see what else comes up before deciding when to shoot for a patch. It will depend on what kinds of bugs come up and how much testing they require. I'm guessing it will be several weeks, but things could change.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 11/9/2006 1:43:38 AM >

(in reply to ei3014)
Post #: 2
Decrease non-player animation time - 11/9/2006 7:12:13 PM   
Joel Billings

I got your save and it does not repeat for me. If the AI is taking too long with animations on, it's been suggested that you change your preference for Non Player Animation Speed to something smaller (like .1 or .2 instead of the default .5). This will speed up the turn. You can also turn off the animation entirely, but even keeping a very small number will give you some clue about what the AI is doing without slowing things down too much.

(in reply to ei3014)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Somewat buggy ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI