Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs - 9/11/2006 4:29:19 PM   
Kereguelen

Hi,

does anybody have information about:

(a) The US Aviation Regiments. Did they exist in WW2? I know that the modern US forces have Aviation Regiments for helicopters etc, but did the USAAF have Aviation Regiments as we have them in the game? Are they modelled after historical units?

(b) Seabees. The USN formed Seabee Regiments later in the war. Does anybody have information about their formation and the CBs they commanded.

(c) Engineer Aviation Regiments. Same as Seabees.

Any help and/or sources greatly appreciated. I lack source material about non-combat US units.

Thanks in advance!

K
Post #: 1
RE: USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs - 9/11/2006 8:12:48 PM   
Herrbear

This might have some information for you

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq67-1.htm

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 2
RE: USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs - 9/11/2006 10:24:21 PM   
el cid again

Yes - the USAAF is essentially the US Army Air Forces - and it remains approximately what it was - except forbidden to fly armed fixed wing aircraft (a political mistake of major proportions IMHO).

USN Seebeas were formed EARLY (not late) in WWII. They were first organized as battalions, and later (from 1943) these were mostly combined into regiments. Following AK Warrior's concept, RHS has combined these battalions into
regiments, so we freed up many Allied reinforcement slots - most of which remain empty - but some of which just got 4.2inch chemical mortar battalions. Look at RHS with an editor for a more complete OB of these units.

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 3
RE: USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs - 9/12/2006 4:58:51 PM   
Montbrun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kereguelen

Hi,

(a) The US Aviation Regiments. Did they exist in WW2? I know that the modern US forces have Aviation Regiments for helicopters etc, but did the USAAF have Aviation Regiments as we have them in the game? Are they modelled after historical units?

(b) Seabees. The USN formed Seabee Regiments later in the war. Does anybody have information about their formation and the CBs they commanded.

Any help and/or sources greatly appreciated. I lack source material about non-combat US units.

Thanks in advance!

K

The ultimate source for the Seabees is "Building the Navy's Bases in World War II," 2 Volumes, United States Government Printing Office, 1947. The second volume contains and appendix listing all of the Naval Construction Units activated during the war. There were 12 Naval Construction Brigades (1-12) created between May, 1943, and May, 1945. There were also 54 Naval Construction Regiments created (1-54) between October, 1942 and September, 1945. A good source for the Aviation Engineer units is TM 5-255, "Technical Manual for Aviation Engineers."

Brad

EDIT: Also, Volumes 6 and 7 of "The Army Air Forces in World War II" contains info on the Engineer
Aviation units. The 21st Engineer Aviation Regiment was the first such unit created, prewar, on October 20, 1939. There were several other EARs created, but the EAB was the preferred organization (See Stanton).

< Message edited by Brad Hunter -- 9/12/2006 5:21:43 PM >

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 4
RE: USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs - 9/12/2006 5:27:13 PM   
Montbrun

NCB ToE:

Naval Construction Battalions – “Seabees”

Naval Construction Battalion – “Typical” T/O Structure
HQ Company
-Naval Construction Company
--HQ
--Maintenance and Operations Platoon
--Construction Platoon
--Construction Platoon
--Road Blasting and Excavation Platoon
--Waterfront Platoon
--Tanks, Steel, and Pipes Platoon
--HQ
--Construction Platoon
--Construction Platoon
--Waterfront Platoon
--HQ
--Construction Platoon
--Construction Platoon
--Waterfront Platoon
--HQ
--Construction Platoon
--Construction Platoon
--Waterfront Platoon

NOTES:
1) This organization represents the “typical” Naval Construction Battalion. This organization could vary depending upon the unit’s task.
2) The Naval Construction Battalions assigned to the Marine Divisions starting with the 7/1/42 “D-100” Series T/O only contained 3 companies. All other Naval Construction Battalions contained 4. The Naval Construction Battalions were removed from the divisional T/O starting with the 5/5/44 “F-100” Series. The Naval Construction Battalions attached to Marine Divisions, and to IIIAC, are as follows:

18th Naval Construction Battalion – 3rd Battalion/18th Marines/2nd Marine Division
19th Naval Construction Battalion – 3rd Battalion/17th Marines/1st Marine Division
25th Naval Construction Battalion – 3rd Battalion/19th Marines/3rd Marine Division
121st Naval Construction Battalion – 3rd Battalion/20th Marines/4th Marine Division
53rd Naval Construction Battalion – IIIAC corps asset.

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 5
RE: USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs - 9/13/2006 5:02:49 AM   
akdreemer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad Hunter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kereguelen

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

K

The second volume contains and appendix listing all of the Naval Construction Units activated during the war. There were 12 Naval Construction Brigades (1-12) created between May, 1943, and May, 1945. There were also 54 Naval Construction Regiments created (1-54) between October, 1942 and September, 1945.

Do you have this information on hand and if so is there some way you can get it to me?

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> USAAF Aviation Rgts and Seabees/EABs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI