Let me be the first to say THANK YOU. You guys developed an excellent product within the framework of the game. You will never get 100% agreement on anything, I figure you guys are at least 90% which is very, very good in anyone's book. I am looking forward to it.
The final installment of SPWAW Enhanced will be released soon.
This will only be a patch, it will not be a large file, like Versions 1 and 2 were.
Here is what is included so far, mostly fixes but some 'changes' as well.
Instructions will be posted as to how to install this 'patch'
This should not affect scenarios or campaigns already designed with Enhanced.
1. A German Sqd should have been available in 42, but had 43 instead, now fixed
2. removed "SP" status for Russian 203mm Howie.
3. Fixed some Nat. Spain formations not showing up
4. Fixed Yugoslav Partisan Brgde formation not showing up.
5. Re did some Fort Icons and LBMs for a few OOBs, think these will work better.
6. One USA armored Inf Sqd still had HE ammo for its Bazooka, now removed.
7. Adjusted Weapon stats for the German 76mm ATG Pak36(r) also mounted on the Las and Pzjrg.
(using Russian Guns with German ammo.)
now they all match.
8. Looked at some of the rates of fire for artillery, offboard Vs Onboard, trying to get some sort of consistancy.
I think the Lighter offboard units were purposely given Higher ROF, (more tubes, more men)
except in the case of the BIG Guns wo have lower ROF Offboard, which possibly was done for Gameplay reasons maybe? Anyway, we'd like some sort of consistancy there.
9 Norway, fixed tank destroyer formation showing 75mm Gerbirgs FH, fixed Coastal Guns, 75mm GebirgsFH, not showing up, also changed date of special unit "arty+effects" to show up now in Jan 49 like other special effects.
10.Japanese "Guerillas" had wrong FC stat.
11. The OS arty in Yugoslavia is coming out cheaper than we had hoped, due to the fact of Yugoslavia ratings.
May have to give the formations elite code to keep their price up to or equal with the other guys.
12. Corrected start date for M3A1 halftrack, had wrong start date entered.
13. USA P47D in June 44 now has Napalm
14. Nat Spain Nebel 41 had wrong price, fixed to match German
15. 'earlier' Gebirgsjaegers had rifle grenade too early
gave them an alternate weapon in slot 3.
16. One version of SU 85 had better ROF than it should have had.
17. Added new unit. T34/57 (second incarnation only)
Classed as "Turreted Tank Destroyer"
In 1943 development and production of the Soviet 57mm AT gun resumed when it was realised that the 45mm and 76mm guns in current use were no longer able to combat the German’s heavier tanks.
A new batch of T-34/57 tanks were prepared, armed with the improved ZIS-4M 57mm gun. The gun now shared the same simplified breach as the F-34, ZIS-2, ZIS-3 and ZIS-5 guns.
Initially the new T-34/57s were issued with an improved anti-tank round, but this proved hard on the barrels and was with drawn after a short time.
This version of the T-34/57 saw service in the same tank-hunter role as their first incarnation, of which only a few were produced, and first went into action in August 1943.
Factory #92 made 192 ZIS-4Ms in 1943 before switching production to the 85mm gun in 1944.
18. Gave Waffen SS Sqd in Sept. 43 Pzschrek as oppsed to PzFst 30, The later war Waffen SS Sqd now has a different 3rd Weapon.
The SS Gew PzGr 46, altho this unit has rarity code 2, as this weapon was not produced in great numbers.
19. Noticed that the Japanese had no Lt Mortar formations, so added one of those.
and made it so that only the "Sqds" appear in the INF formations
the 'single' mortars will now appear in a "Knee Mortar Sec."
20. Name of SPAA Unit in India misnamed M17, should be M14 with twin AA.
21. India Sherman IIAY had wrong weapon, should have had 76mm M1A1 gun as oppsed to 76mm M1 gun
22. Italy had wrong stats for 76mm M1A1 Gun
corrected to match US stats for this weapon.
23. Changed all Shermans everywhere using the 75mm M3 Gun 'AP' to now using the 75mm M3 gun
24. Canadian Assault Inf had FT and SC in reversed weapon slots.
26. Doubled check all unit speeds, found some still not to be consistant with other units of same type in all oobs...adjusted accordingly, also noticed several reg Inf units in Czech oob that had speed of 20...umm a bit too high, adjusted to more reasonable speed.
27. USMC FO formation unclickable after 1942, thanks to that '3' radio code. fixed now.
28. USMC offboard howizter formations were not always showing all the units, once again thanks to the '3' code...fixed
29. Some Nations were missing the CO HQ or the PLT Hq
R Spain and C China.
Also some other nations still were missing them here and there.
30. Free French Captured Panther was not showing up, fixed
31. All engineer units increased to speed 9 to match at least standard Inf units speed.
32. Czech IND CO HQ had wrong ammo for its AT Mine.
33. India scout units had wrong ROF so cost was only coming out 3 points.
34.Reduced 'weight' of ammo boxes, crates etc etc...to 105 so pack mules can carry them....oh BTW Pack mules carry capacity reduced to 105.
unrealistic for them to be hauling 75mm ATGs and and 76mm howitzers around.
They can still haul the 75mm 'pack' howitzer and most 'MTN' guns.
35. Found some formations that had vehicles that would not carry intended unit..fixed
36. the BIGGY...Plt HQs will be removed form Airborne and Engineer formations.
PLT HQ Size will also be increased.
US/USMC/SO 10 men, UK/CA/ANZAC/IN/GK 8 men, GE/RU/HU/BU/CZ/PO 9 men, IT/NL/BE/FR/FF/NO/FI 7 men, CC/NC/PI/NS/RS/YU 6 men,
JAP 12 men.
where room permits, "Special' Plt and CO HQ units will be created that have the same speed as the troops in certain formations,
basically the 'Elite" formations, such as Hungary has elite 'Guard' Infantry with speed of 10, so a special 'Guard Plt HQ' and 'Guard CO HQ' will be created just for the Guard formations.
this will require alot of using of the '3' code however.
In oobs where there is no room to create any of these special units, I suppose all PLT HQs and CO HQs should be given same speed as the 'elite' boys, so they at least can keep up with them.
More changes to these units may or may not happen later.
37. Alot of Encyclopedia files are being corrected and/or edited.
38. Changes to Finland oob listed below
A. Removed the "Axe" weapon from finnish conscripts (UNIT-131). They should only have rifles and grenades. Renamed the weapon-088 "Axe" to "knife" for use by scenario designers.
B. Changed (UNIT-029) "Lansverk 182" weapon #1 to 233 - "15mm besa TMG" after renaming it to "13.2mm TMG" also this required reduce AP and HE pen.
C. Remove the "sledges" and "HMG Plt's" from the two "SKI CO" formations (1040 and 1116). Leaving only ski troops in the companies.
39. Created some 'Airborne MG ' units in USA with airborne class so they do not suffer so much supression when paradropped.
If we can get the formation to work right..
40. Created 'Ranger MG' units, that can infiltrate with the 'Rangers' in their formation.
41. Added ammo crates to USA A&P formation
42. Fixed German "coastal Fort' not showing up.
Artillery always has the Right of Way