Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map portion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map portion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:34:26 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

4th in the series. Here is the Caspian Sea. I included Teheran and Baghdad since they can be targets of the USSR's aggression.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 61
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:36:50 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

5th in the series. All roads lead to Stalingrad.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 7/5/2008 11:38:49 PM >

Steve

Post #: 62
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:40:19 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

6th in the series. From Gorki to Perm, taking the high road or low.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 63
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:42:04 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

7th in the series. Continuing east from Perm. You can use Ufa as a reference point between the previous post and this one.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 64
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:44:10 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

8th in the series. Moving south from the previous post. Magnitogorsk is in both the previous and this screen shot. The northern portion of the Aral Sea will link to the next post.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 65
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:46:28 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

9th in the series. South of the previous post, this screen shot continues the Trans-Caspian railway, which overlays the screen shot of the Caspian Sea (several post previously).

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 66
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:50:18 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

10th in the series. This is east of teh previous post. Alma Ata is the point they have in common.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 67
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:52:10 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

11th in the series. This is directly north of the previous screen shot. Altay Mts. is a common reference point.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 68
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:54:38 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

12th in the series. Eastwards, ever eastwards. One of the more vilnerable sections of the Trans-Siberian railway. Tannu Tuva links this post to the previous one.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 69
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:56:31 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

13th in the series. There sure is a lot of the USSR isn't there? The resource in Krasnokamensk also appears in the previous post.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 70
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/5/2008 11:58:16 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

14th in the series. See, I knew if we kept moving east we would hit the Pacific eventually.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 71
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/6/2008 12:00:40 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

15th in the series. Last stop. All passengers must deboard the train in Vladivostok. Those connecting to Suchan have our deepest sympathy.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 72
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/6/2008 12:02:08 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

16th in the series. An overview of the western USSR (zoom level 2).

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 73
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/6/2008 12:03:57 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

17th in the series. An overview of the central USSR.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 74
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/6/2008 12:05:26 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

18th and last in series. An overview of the eastern USSR.

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 75
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 12:58:25 AM   
Sewerlobster

Absolut (ly) awesome, love the zoom 2 views. This is art.

During the game will counters be visible in some form at the far away zooms?

Post #: 76
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 2:16:10 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: SewerStarFish

Absolut (ly) awesome, love the zoom 2 views. This is art.

During the game will counters be visible in some form at the far away zooms?

Here is a zoom 2. I have set the unit resolution to medium, which makes the numbers larger, and the graphics cruder. They are marginally legible in my opinion, but you can gather a lot of information at a summary level with this view. The flyout display also lets you check out each hex, as I am doing with Brest-Litovsk here.

Zoom 3 with medium resolution is perfectly legible.

Attachment (1)

Steve

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 77
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 7:28:17 AM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

15th in the series. Last stop. All passengers must deboard the train in Vladivostok. Those connecting to Suchan have our deepest sympathy.

I like the new skin for the forms.
It looks like the external border of the form matches the color as the active major power. It looks good.

Post #: 78
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 7:29:39 AM   
Froonp

quote:

Here is a zoom 2. I have set the unit resolution to medium, which makes the numbers larger, and the graphics cruder. They are marginally legible in my opinion, but you can gather a lot of information at a summary level with this view. The flyout display also lets you check out each hex, as I am doing with Brest-Litovsk here.

I see that the units in the flyout are of the lower resolution kind. Is it possible that the units in the flyouts are always the hi res ones, as the units in the flyouts are always displayed at the same scale ?

Post #: 79
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 9:48:18 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

I see that the units in the flyout are of the lower resolution kind. Is it possible that the units in the flyouts are always the hi res ones, as the units in the flyouts are always displayed at the same scale ?

Yeah, I noticed this too when I uploaded it. I'll fix it someday, not today.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 80
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 8:42:00 PM   
Sewerlobster

quote:

Spectacular, being able to get at least a theatre overview is important. I don't want to impose, but when you get the time -- and goodness just keep programming -- could you show a Eurocentric zoom 1 with counters? We're all proud of the artistic details of the zooms, but the grand views can be equally satisfying.

Again -- I would pay for this game up front, right now. Continued kudos and whatever else motivates you and all those helping.

Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.

Post #: 81
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/7/2008 9:23:12 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: SewerStarFish
quote:

Spectacular, being able to get at least a theatre overview is important. I don't want to impose, but when you get the time -- and goodness just keep programming -- could you show a Eurocentric zoom 1 with counters? We're all proud of the artistic details of the zooms, but the grand views can be equally satisfying.

Again -- I would pay for this game up front, right now. Continued kudos and whatever else motivates you and all those helping.

Zoom 1, not really legible. Thie is May/June 1944, the start of the Decline and Fall scenario. I used my entire 1280 by 1024 monitor for this screen shot.

Since we were discussing printed maps, this screen shot is from column 7 to column 78, row 17 to row 85. The printed European segment (1 of 6 segments) would be from column 355 (-5) to column 118, row 0 to row 99.

So what you see here is a proper subset of the printed European segment of the world map (assuming we eventually get the thing printed).

Attachment (1)

Steve

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 82
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/8/2008 12:26:19 PM   
Sewerlobster

quote:

Zoom 1, not really legible. Thie is May/June 1944, the start of the Decline and Fall scenario. I used my entire 1280 by 1024 monitor for this screen shot.

Legible or not, this is the "glory" zoom. It is the " Hah! look what I've done" view. It is also the grand strategy view --- and for players like I suspect I will be, "The aw crap, I left those units in Siberia <insert any other remote location> for no good reason" view. Thanks for the screenshots.

Post #: 83
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/8/2008 3:55:59 PM   
undercovergeek

its finished!!!!

it looks finished - are you sure its not finished and youre just sat in a room somewhere playing PBEMs with the so called beta testers - who i think are just your pbem friends!!!!

i think its finished!!

Post #: 84
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/8/2008 6:36:38 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

its finished!!!!

it looks finished - are you sure its not finished and youre just sat in a room somewhere playing PBEMs with the so called beta testers - who i think are just your pbem friends!!!!

i think its finished!!

You can not measure how much I wish that were true. There is still a ton to do ... and so few hours in a day.

Steve

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 85
RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map por... - 7/9/2008 5:37:40 PM   
micheljq

Very impressive the maps of the central and Siberian URSS.

In the board game I had the feeling it was too easy for the nippons to grasp Siberia, the portion with the resources more exactly. Siberia should be more difficult to grasp, not because of the soviet troops, but because of the greatness of the space of this region of the world and the harsh climate.

These maps on MWiF give Siberia really another dimension, I like it.

Post #: 86
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Modifications to MWiF Russia (Urals & East) Map portion Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI