Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fast Transport Bug??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Fast Transport Bug?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fast Transport Bug?? - 3/17/2006 10:26:51 PM   
spence

In a PBEM game I recently sent a full fuelled FT TF from Palembang to Singapore to evacuate a brigade. Didn't quite have the load points to take the whole Bde out. During the replay of the turn my ships were attacked in Palembang but Japanese LBA. One DD was sunk and 1 damaged.
Making my turn I find that the surviving ships in the FT TF are carrying supply points and need orders to unload. Checking Singapore I find that the designated Bde has been reduced to a tiny shadow of itself (so apparently the ships picked it up a lot of its troops). No troops of the designated Bde are in Palembang (or anywhere else in the list of Southeast Asia Command units).
I'm sorta hoping that in this next turn a portion of the brigade will appear in Palembang. But I have a funny feeling that that will not be the case.

v1.77 BTW
Post #: 1
RE: Fast Transport Bug?? - 3/17/2006 10:40:12 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

In a PBEM game I recently sent a full fuelled FT TF from Palembang to Singapore to evacuate a brigade. Didn't quite have the load points to take the whole Bde out. During the replay of the turn my ships were attacked in Palembang but Japanese LBA. One DD was sunk and 1 damaged.
Making my turn I find that the surviving ships in the FT TF are carrying supply points and need orders to unload. Checking Singapore I find that the designated Bde has been reduced to a tiny shadow of itself (so apparently the ships picked it up a lot of its troops). No troops of the designated Bde are in Palembang (or anywhere else in the list of Southeast Asia Command units).
I'm sorta hoping that in this next turn a portion of the brigade will appear in Palembang. But I have a funny feeling that that will not be the case.

v1.77 BTW

Bug known from ancient times, and oft reported (never fixed)...

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
RE: Fast Transport Bug?? - 3/18/2006 12:19:13 AM   
WLockard

I think when one ship sinks all the troops on all the ships dive overboard and drown.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: Fast Transport Bug?? - 3/18/2006 12:28:10 AM   
Mynok

Pick up doesn't work. I avoid it at all costs. I lost half of two para regiments trying to pick them up. No attacks were made and no ships were sunk.

(in reply to WLockard)
Post #: 4
RE: Fast Transport Bug?? - 3/18/2006 1:09:45 AM   
spence

I've been quite successful with "Pick up troops" in the past. This is the first time I've encountered any kind of transport bug. Nobody has mentioned the "apparent conversion of troops into supply points" so I'm wondering if this is the commonly reported bug or perhaps a new one.
And I'm still sorta hoping the supply points will turn back into troops...lots of forlorn hopes in the DEI in early 42 though.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Fast Transport Bug?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI