Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilots Jumping out of Planes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Pilots Jumping out of Planes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 3:41:32 PM   
rtrapasso

OK - a new one on me, so i thought i'd check it out.

Right now, i've been watching my British pilots closely and trying to figure out what is going on.

I've noticed this in several squadrons - game is running under 1.602 (both sides AFAIK).

The units are stationed at a NON-Malarial base (Dacca). Replacements are OFF.

I will have (for example) a bomber squadron flying supplies with 12 pilots and 12 planes. Next turn - 9 pilots and 12 planes (no planes damaged). The planes were not involved in combat (i.e. not shot at, base not bombed). None of ther plane type (in this case Wellingtons) were lost that turn iirc.

So, how am i losing pilots, especially losing pilots without losing the aircraft?? Are the pilots jumping out and the planes landing themselves??? Or is there some sort of bug (pilot leak???)

Post #: 1
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 3:51:57 PM   
Mynok

STD's?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 3:59:58 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

STD's?

well, i didn't think these (nor barfights) were modelled in WITP, but...

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 4:07:00 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Right now, i've been watching my British pilots closely and trying to figure out what is going on.

I've noticed this in several squadrons - game is running under 1.602 (both sides AFAIK).

I will have (for example) a bomber squadron flying supplies with 12 pilots and 12 planes. Next turn - 9 pilots and 12 planes (no planes damaged). The planes were not involved in combat (i.e. not shot at, base not bombed). None of ther plane type (in this case Wellingtons) were lost that turn iirc.

So, how am i losing pilots, especially losing pilots without losing the aircraft?? Are the pilots jumping out and the planes landing themselves??? Or is there some sort of bug (pilot leak???)

I have discovered the same. Transport missions murder the pilots. I suffer *at least* 1 pilot per day losses *per squadron* under 1.6. In week, 12-16 plane unit can lose 10 pilots. Something is not right in this.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 4:14:57 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

I have discovered the same. Transport missions murder the pilots. I suffer *at least* 1 pilot per day losses *per squadron* under 1.6. In week, 12-16 plane unit can lose 10 pilots. Something is not right in this.

The more i look at it, the more i think it is a bug. Losing aircraft AND pilots i can understand (although the rate would be astonishing), but just having the pilots vanish is disconcerting. I think i lost 6 pilots yesterday in this way.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 4:20:39 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

i just really started noticing this after i turned replacements OFF, possibly because it is easier to keep track of, however, have you noticed the same things if replacements are ON??

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 5:46:15 PM   
Dino

quote:

have you noticed the same things if replacements are ON??

Yes... And it's not related to British, it happens with US groups, too. And it's not related to bombers, it happens with transports, too. (in v1.4, too).

It seems to be related to transport missions... In fact, it seems to be related only to supply transport. I don't remember seeing this while i was transporting troops, but now that i have a big air supply operation going, the pilots just keep on dissapearing.

A major pain in the a$$... It could be somethig to do with black market. *shrug*

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 5:56:44 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

A major pain in the a$$... It could be somethig to do with black market. *shrug*

Milo Minderbender at work, no doubt...

Arrrgh - i am going to have to look into this more carefully. It seemed to me the problem got pretty bad once i turned off all the replacements (noticeably worse).

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 8
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:01:44 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Have they flown 100 missions? Apparently this is the "rotation out" magic number.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 9
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:04:44 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Have they flown 100 missions? Apparently this is the "rotation out" magic number.

i don't think so, but i will check. Plus, i thought that only happened for US pilots. Am i wrong on this? Does it happen for Chinese? Anyone else?

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 10
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:06:41 PM   
Sardaukar

I doubt they are rotated out. It affects all transport missions...and I doubt every squadron rotates 1+ pilot per day.

Post #: 11
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:13:32 PM   
Kereguelen

quote:

quote:

i don't think so, but i will check. Plus, i thought that only happened for US pilots. Am i wrong on this? Does it happen for Chinese? Anyone else?

Hi,

noticed the same thing with British transport planes. And, yes, it seems that the "missing" pilots all had flown 100+ missions (I've noticed that pilots do not automatically rotate out after 100 missions, some of my pilots stay even after 100+ missions). It seems that this feature is not keyed to US pilots but to all Allied pilots (pretty historical because the Commonwealth Air Training Program).

K

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 12
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:18:38 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kereguelen

quote:

quote:

Hi,

noticed the same thing with British transport planes. And, yes, it seems that the "missing" pilots all had flown 100+ missions (I've noticed that pilots do not automatically rotate out after 100 missions, some of my pilots stay even after 100+ missions). It seems that this feature is not keyed to US pilots but to all Allied pilots (pretty historical because the Commonwealth Air Training Program).

K

well, then i guess it's possible, as i haven't been keeping track of the missions flown, although i thought it was around 75 for the most experienced - but then again, i haven't checked specifically on them. i'll have to do that this p.m.

So, presumably it will happen with the Dutch, Chinese and Russians, also??

This is curious, as i thought i had seen some of the Chinese and Dutch with well over 100 missions. Again, i'll have to check on this.

Thanks for the tips!

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 13
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:24:48 PM   
Dino

It's happening with the Dutch...
I can confirm that mutch...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 14
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:25:33 PM   
Nikademus

Are there any of these incident occuring with the beta patch?

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 15
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:26:56 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Are there any of these incident occuring with the beta patch?

i can't comment on that since i don't use the beta version(s)...

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 16
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:27:13 PM   
Sardaukar

It'll happen to all Allied transport pilots (donno about Japanese, but prolly same). Have to check if it's 100 missions rotation..but I strongly doubt that. Could be wrong, tho.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 17
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:31:39 PM   
Nikademus

If anyone is playing a beta game and are seeing pilots and/or planes disapearing....a set of repeatable saves would be great (before loss....after loss) There was a similar issue with UV.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 18
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:36:01 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

If anyone is playing a beta game and are seeing pilots and/or planes disapearing....a set of repeatable saves would be great (before loss....after loss) There was a similar issue with UV.

was this addressed in the Beta patch?

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 19
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 6:47:22 PM   
Nikademus

IIRC....latest UV [beta] patch did address it, however its not finished yet. (not the official release)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 20
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/14/2006 7:05:14 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

AWOL

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 21
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/15/2006 1:50:33 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

OK - this is what is going on, although they waited a bit before rotating (didn't do it at exactly 100 missions).

Post #: 22
RE: Pilots Jumping out of Planes? - 3/15/2006 2:02:29 AM   
BLUESBOB

R&R in Phuket?

Or maybe building a railroad somewhere?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Pilots Jumping out of Planes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI