Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm >> RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/23/2006 9:52:46 PM   
pad152

Two things I see this game has over CM.

Maps, screen shots from the www.koiosworks.com, and Strategyzoneonline web sites look great, the one from strategyzoneonline has a train in it?

Selection of Ammo types, this is something I wish the CM games had!

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 31
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/24/2006 11:18:53 AM   
Andreas1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

Well, a little competition for the boys at Battlefront.com can't hurt. BFC hasn't really had any competition with their CM titles yet; so this will be good for all involved.

And the BFC guys do agree with that:

quote:

Originally posted by Moon:
I'm with Kip. After, what, six years, it's about friggin' time. Although, of course, this isn't the first such attempt.

Good luck to them!

Martin

Martin/Moon is the president of BFC, IIRC.

All the best

Andreas

< Message edited by Andreas1968 -- 2/24/2006 11:20:02 AM >

Post #: 32
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/24/2006 6:57:54 PM   
pvthudson01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzer76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brindle
my guess would be 'a brain'

How is that so? Have I not raised valid questions? Seeing this is your second post on the forums, perhaps your 1st was of equal value?

Hey, Im all for more choices, more choices is good. But nothing Ive read about this game so far makes me believe that it will be better than CMBB. And, for *me*, then it just aint gonna fly, why play the 2nd best when you can play the best?

Only thing I can imagine is that people looking for a less complex game than CMBB will perhaps find this better. Like a introduction to the 3D wargamer genere. If that is the target audience, then clearly Im not in it.

the problem is you are reading and making a flat out general statement on something you cannot back up

plus you are trolling

(in reply to Panzer76)
Post #: 33
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/25/2006 2:30:21 PM   
ASHBERY76

The interface of CM is dreadfull.I'm hoping this game has a good UI and is fun.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 34
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/25/2006 5:01:07 PM   
sapper_astro

I love Combat mission.

But did i hear someone say that this game here would be like Close Combat?

I love Close Combat more than i love Combat mission.

So, after venting that i must ask, how is this upcoming title going to be like Close Combat?

Panzer general 2 was pretty fun in its day, what Panzer general elements will be included?

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 35
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/25/2006 6:01:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sapper,

Well, ultimately this game is like itself - what a useless answer, I know, but it has element that were certainly influenced by Combat Mission, Close Combat and Panzer General. We're in very early beta, so I hope to be able to show off some more of that soon, including some in-game movies and AARs.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 36
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/25/2006 8:25:01 PM   
Panzer76

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01
the problem is you are reading and making a flat out general statement on something you cannot back up

plus you are trolling

I made a statement about what I think would be true and welcomed feed back to convice me otherwise. As for the troll part

Cheers,
Panzer

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 37
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/27/2006 5:17:36 AM   
TSCofield

I have been a fan of both companies for quite a while now. I did the reviews for the Combat Mission series (CM was the first review I did for SimHq) and I have had nothing but high praise for all three games. CMAK I thought was getting a little long in the tooth and stretched the engine to its max but it was still highly entertaining.

Battlefront is an excellent company. Matrix is an excellent company. Instead of bashing either one we should be praising them. When Talonsoft closed its doors a lot of folks thought that this was the end of wargames. Most 'mainstream' developers were shying away from wargames like they now are with combat simulations. Battlefront, HPS and Matrix jumped into that void. These companies recognized the potential from such games and took advantage of the vacuum to create some really memorable games.

Its ok to be critical of aspects of games, even developers but lets face it, if Battlefront or Matrix hadn't decided to buck the convential wisdom and risked the chance of failure trying to sell these games then none of us would be playing games like Steel Beasts, War in the Pacific, Combat Mission or Steel Panthers. This isn't a competition, there is room for both companies. I have told developers to talk to both companies before. Whether they have or not I don't know but I still talk both groups up.

Thomas S. Cofield
Feature Editor, SimHQ.com
t.co0field@comcast.net (stopped the SimHq mail since I get nothing but spam)

Post #: 38
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 2/27/2006 8:53:12 PM   
invernomuto

DOH! I've just discovered this interesting game. I spend too much time on WITP forum

quote:

This is not an Anti-CM game. We are not a Anti-CM or Anti-Battlefront company. We respect their work and enjoy their games - who knows, perhaps someday we can convince them to do a joint project on something.

That would be great!

Bye

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 39
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/2/2006 8:57:00 PM   
thrakaandy

Hello...

I enjoyed CMBO the most and found the 2 other titles as rubber stamps with tiny tweaks to the graphics engine. BB was pretty good because it did offer a "new" side to CM, but AK held no interest for me. CM does seem too involved and my father (who absolutly LOVES the CC series and loves realism) cannot stand the UI for CM and doesn't play it for that simple fact.

But I agree that PC will be different from CM (especially having a mini map, THANKS!!!!!!!!!) and i'm happy for that. We dont need another rubber stamp CM, besides, there is WW2RTS for that :)

Post #: 40
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/2/2006 11:34:16 PM   
old man of the sea

what thrakaandy said......

This LOOKS like a cross betwen CM, CC, and SA with the best of all of them.

I am looking forward to this, and I don't look forward to much in games anymore.

E

"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.

(in reply to thrakaandy)
Post #: 41
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/4/2006 3:53:33 PM   
sapper_astro

Thrakaandy, your dad is not alone....

A big void exists in regards to the Close Combat formula for games. Health bar RTS games just do not fit the bill. Combat mission isn't really the same either.

(in reply to old man of the sea)
Post #: 42
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 5:51:27 PM   
madorosh

Oh goodie is this the part where the Combat Mission faithful measure their penises? Cause I've never been a beta tester for the first three CM titles. So what could I possibly know about it. Although I did buy one copy of CMBO, three copies of CMBB and two of CMAK, designed a few scenarios for all of them, self-referentially created the very first website devoted solely to CMBB and again for CMAK, as well as rewrote the wikipedia page on Combat Mission (not to mention having posted 21,123 times at the Battlefront forums.)

And despite all that, when I go into Tim Horton's for a donut, they still have the gall to charge me full price.

Anyway, the new game looks like it ought to be fun. Hell, if they can get the wheels on the little tanks to actually roll and the mortar guys to actually carry the mortar instead of walking it like a dog as we see in CM, it will be far ahead of CMX1 coming out the gate. ;)

My advice in future is to just ban the CM faithful on sight.

Looking forward to this title just as much as the next CM.

Oh, and have fun with Lewis here - he's the guy who posts long replies to himself and masquerades as an SME on technical matters. I look forward to seeing his first banning. I think he's gone through at least three at BFC.

< Message edited by Michael Dorosh -- 3/7/2006 6:07:51 PM >

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 43
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 7:09:12 PM   
Yoozername

Dorosh is the guy that mentions penis and donuts in the same thread (after going on lovingly about himself as usual).

I could not care less how mortars are carried or how the bogey wheels turn. My hope is that this game gets the tactical aspects correct.

(in reply to madorosh)
Post #: 44
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 7:11:57 PM   
VicKevlar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yoozername

Dorosh is the guy that mentions penis and donuts in the same thread

Well...he is Canadian after all. Not much to do up Nord during winter.

< Message edited by VicKevlar -- 3/7/2006 7:12:21 PM >

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 45
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 7:18:47 PM   
Yoozername

hehehehehhe. too funny.

In any case, I like Forums such as these where you can see the amount of hits each thread gets. Unlike people that need to post 20,000 plus threads about sewing, threading, themselves, donuts and..well you know, I like to actually discuss ideas, innovation, technical aspects, and generally have fun and be creative.

I know that many people just read these forums (they do not post) and the vocal 'majority' are not what they imagine themselves to be.

(in reply to VicKevlar)
Post #: 46
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 10:24:45 PM   
Panzer76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael Dorosh
Oh goodie is this the part where the Combat Mission faithful measure their penises?

Only the ones with penis envy, which seems to include yourself

Cheers,
Panzer

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to madorosh)
Post #: 47
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 10:39:05 PM   
madorosh

quote:

hehehehehhe. too funny.

In any case, I like Forums such as these where you can see the amount of hits each thread gets. Unlike people that need to post 20,000 plus threads about sewing, threading, themselves, donuts and..well you know, I like to actually discuss ideas, innovation, technical aspects, and generally have fun and be creative.

I know that many people just read these forums (they do not post) and the vocal 'majority' are not what they imagine themselves to be.

Those with lives like to talk about them; nature of the beast, I guess. What type of apology were you looking for? :P

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 48
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/7/2006 10:48:18 PM   
madorosh

quote:

ORIGINAL: VicKevlar

Well...he is Canadian after all. Not much to do up Nord during winter.

Exactly, so let's hope this game makes it to market in time for next winter - which starts about 15 August up here...

(in reply to VicKevlar)
Post #: 49
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/8/2006 12:07:48 AM   
Yoozername

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael Dorosh

quote:

hehehehehhe. too funny.

Those with lives like to talk about them; nature of the beast, I guess. What type of apology were you looking for? :P

This is a perrfect example of your self-absorbed behaviour. No one asked you for an apology or anything.

You quote me for no reason. You start your defensive ramblings. You should really self-analize your odd posts.

Anyone that mentions penis and donuts is not well. I wonder what that actually means about you. Whats a donut look like? Hmmm.

Perhaps a Movie? Brokeback Donut?

(in reply to madorosh)
Post #: 50
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/8/2006 12:23:40 AM   
madorosh

You type out Brokeback Donut and tell me I am the one who is rambling....

I'm not touching your Freudian spelling of analize (sic), either.

*wink*

Anyway, suffice to say any comparisons to CM are premature, unwarranted, and in the event quite irrelevant.

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 51
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/8/2006 12:52:20 AM   
Yoozername

When I say 'odd posts' I mean the ones with splinters. Those, you should self-analize.

OK I couldn't help throwing this in....

Brokeback Dorosh: The Gay Mountie (He always gets his Mannequin)

< Message edited by Yoozername -- 3/8/2006 1:33:54 AM >

(in reply to madorosh)
Post #: 52
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/8/2006 1:44:04 AM   
Real and Simulated Wars

... and this is the point where the thread stops being about if PC comparisons to CM are really worth and starts being a wordy nonsensical clash of egos...

(in reply to Yoozername)
Post #: 53
RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water - 3/8/2006 3:48:20 PM   
VicKevlar

Yep....get this thread back on topic asap. Take anything else to IM, PM, email or better yet head on over to Vinny and Doggie's MadCow Steakhouse and have at it. Not here.

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

(in reply to Real and Simulated Wars)
Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm >> RE: Combat Mission blows this game out of the water Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI