Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Great Stuff

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Some Great Stuff Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Great Stuff - 12/19/2005 9:17:55 AM   
Wild Bill

I'm amazed at how hard some guys are still working on SPWAW! There are new scenario and campaign lists for the game, done by Dutchie, the newest mod from Alby and his crew, all great material.

New scenarios are coming out constantly by a number of well recognized designers. They include some most welcome North Africa, Mediterranean battles, and much more.

SPWAW is alive and well, thanks to the work of so many talented individuals. Its quite impressive.

You can find all of this at the Wargamer Gamer's Depot. I hope you will pay it a visit and grab some of these goodies.

http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/

You're getting me inspired, guys. I gotta do some more with the grand lady, SPWAW!

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
RE: Some Great Stuff - 12/19/2005 7:23:17 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

I'm amazed at how hard some guys are still working on SPWAW! There are new scenario and campaign lists for the game, done by Dutchie, the newest mod from Alby and his crew, all great material.

New scenarios are coming out constantly by a number of well recognized designers. They include some most welcome North Africa, Mediterranean battles, and much more.

SPWAW is alive and well, thanks to the work of so many talented individuals. Its quite impressive.

You can find all of this at the Wargamer Gamer's Depot. I hope you will pay it a visit and grab some of these goodies.

http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/

You're getting me inspired, guys. I gotta do some more with the grand lady, SPWAW!

Lest we not forget all the work Mike Wood has put in lately, improving the mech.exe and the editor. And of course WB never stops contributing..

< Message edited by Alby -- 12/20/2005 12:00:02 AM >

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
RE: Some Great Stuff - 12/23/2005 7:21:57 PM   
Wild Bill

I don't think anyone appreciates Michael Wood more than I do. He and I worked together for years, along with others of fame around here, including David Heath and Tom Proudfoot, to make this game what it is.

I don't know how many times Michael and I have spent hours, late in the night talking discussing and sometimes givng harsh verbal exchanges about the game and the concepts that both of us have.

One incident comes to mind. Michael has just coded in drops from aircraft. I was talking with him about it and suggested how nice it would be to have parachutes for an instant before the parachutists appeared on the screen. In a matter of hours, he called me back, sent me a revised mech with new graphics, and voila! There were parachutes.

And never doubt how hard David Heath worked to make this happen. David was the man who pleaded with SSI to get the game code, something that had not been done before to my knowledge, so that changes could be made to make the game even better.

Again, David and I have talked at sometimes 2 in the morning working hard to make these things happen. It was David who secured the help of Michael Wood and Tom Proudfoot and often paid them out of his own pocket (before Matrix became a reality) to work.

At the same time, Michael Wood put in on occasion 40+ hours straight through, no breaks, no sleep, just working with the code to produce the quality game we have now.

Then there was Scott Grasse, whose mod of SP3 got us all thinking of how the game could be more modernized.

It was Michael who made the game Windows compatible, a major achievement for so many as DOS began to disappear. And need I even mention the Mega-Campaign concept, which Michael originated nearly 10 years ago when Novastar Games was still around. Now THAT goes back a long way.

Many of you don't know the long history of the evolution of the game and there are SO many who deserve accolades through those sometimes turbulent years. As I sit and write this, names, so many names, and people, so many that flood my mind, who worked hard and long, many of them before a lot of you fellow gamers knew about SP had ever come along.

I'm not minimizing anyone at all. But the list is so long and there are so many that I could never include them all.

Thanks to the gaming hosts who brought us to where we are today.

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
RE: Some Great Stuff - 12/23/2005 7:23:59 PM   
Wild Bill

Thank you Alby. Nah, I can't quit! I tried. I backed off for nearly a year, but the fascination of the game and the camaraderie of this group, including fine folks like you, made me return. That fellowship of gamers is strong and I missed it greatly.

And you, yourself, have done a great deal to spark and maintain interest, my friend!

So I guess I'll be "contributing" till the well runs dry. So far we're finding water so we'll keep drawing from the well.

WB

< Message edited by Wild Bill -- 12/23/2005 7:24:34 PM >

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Some Great Stuff Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI