RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

Pkunzipper -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (5/10/2005 10:46:09 AM)

Excellent work TheElf!! [X(]

Where can we get it?

Halsey -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (5/10/2005 8:17:47 PM)

Looking good! No problems so far with the batch I have.
Only the Spit VB looks oversized now. Keep me updated.

Thanks Elf!

TheElf -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (5/11/2005 9:57:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

Looking good! No problems so far with the batch I have.
Only the Spit VB looks oversized now. Keep me updated.

Thanks Elf!

Damn. You're right.

TheElf -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (5/11/2005 9:58:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pkunzipper

Where can we get it?

With the CHS download. Current version however does not have the latest additions.

Don Bowen -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (5/11/2005 4:09:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheElf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pkunzipper

Where can we get it?

With the CHS download. Current version however does not have the latest additions.

Ian

Send them along when you are ready and I'll get them updated.

Don

TheElf -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (5/15/2005 11:04:04 PM)

Added
USAAC: B-28, B-18, A-24, Resized B-25
RAAF: CAC Wirraway
USN: Revamped SBD

TheElf -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (6/24/2005 7:07:42 AM)

Updated! Check the red dots for newly added Aircraft to the CHS mod.

TheElf -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/11/2005 8:53:59 AM)

***Newly added at the top***

USAAC
A-36 Apache and P-51D

RAAF & RAF
Revamped the Beaufighter
Resived the Beauforts

Big B -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/12/2005 12:56:15 AM)

Pardon my ignorance...but what is CHS?

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/12/2005 11:05:35 AM)

Combined Historical Scenario - a giant mod combining several earlier mods and a lot of new stuff, in order to make WitP more historicaly accurate. Many more ship classes, more locations, air forces on squadron level, LCUs revamped etc. etc. - it's great! Get it at Spooky's

Bradley7735 -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/12/2005 5:55:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Combined Historical Scenario - a giant mod combining several earlier mods and a lot of new stuff, in order to make WitP more historicaly accurate. Many more ship classes, more locations, air forces on squadron level, LCUs revamped etc. etc. - it's great! Get it at Spooky's

Plus cool new, more accurate map and (imo) better graphics for ships and planes. (the plane tops in this thread, by The Elf, are sized proportionately. The map and the plane tops are probably two of the top 3 things with CHS.

velkro -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/12/2005 5:59:26 PM)

TheElf,

When you say, "updated", how do we get a copy of the "aptop" file without having to re-download all of CHS? Thanks.

TheElf -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/15/2005 8:59:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: velkro

TheElf,

When you say, "updated", how do we get a copy of the "aptop" file without having to re-download all of CHS? Thanks.

give me your email and I can send jsut the files you need for the tops.

mc3744 -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/16/2005 2:42:49 AM)

I have a stupid questio.

When do you get to see a PBY from the top?
Do they ever engage in battle?

witpqs -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (7/16/2005 2:55:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc3744

I have a stupid questio.

When do you get to see a PBY from the top?
Do they ever engage in battle?

They can make night torpedo attacks. Try it when the enemy is unloading troops at one of your base hexes. Might also work on an enemy base, but I don't know.

Reg -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/12/2005 12:38:01 PM)

Thought you might like a couple of my amateurish attempts at replacements
for aircraft side art that have really been irritating me.

The B-26B is the same but I have made a distinguishable B-26G with only
minor changes to national markings. The B-25D is the same as the previous
CHS art but I think it was in the B-25J slot (the D model has the dorsal
turret mid fuselage). I quickly whipped up a B-25J model (side windows and
dorsal turret behind the cockpit) and gave it a glass nose (D & J models
both came in bombardier and solid noses).

I don't know about you but I seem to spend more time looking at side art
rather than topart (as they are on the planning screens) so I think they
should be pleasing to look at.

[image]local://upfiles/446/3F526035FD6048669F20E443E461256C.jpg[/image]

Reg -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/12/2005 12:46:27 PM)

Deleted.

Terminus -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/12/2005 2:31:50 PM)

If I may make a suggestion, change the backgrounds for the two Marauders. That big white cloud eats up the heavy-on-glass tails on those aircraft.

Reg -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/15/2005 5:00:24 AM)

Picky, picky, picky......

Next you'll be saying I've missed the cheek guns and the turrets are too small...[:D][:D][:D] (nobody is as harsh a critic as youself)[:'(]

Unfortunately I'm only a touchup artist (if you use that term loosely) so background reconstructions are a bit beyond me without the original full size graphics.

Have a look at these and see what you think.

[:D]

BTW: My apologies to the original artist of these two great side arts (Subchaser??).

[image]local://upfiles/446/F0C9EFBBA60E4AB0803FBD954ACCCD96.jpg[/image]

Reg -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/15/2005 5:02:53 AM)

To install the side art in the above post, download and rename the attached file to remove the .txt file extension.

Unzip each bitmap and cut and paste into the appropriate slot in the 'A_PlaneSide.bmp' file in your game 'Art' folder.

Works for both WTIP and UV. Have fun!!!

Terminus -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/15/2005 2:01:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

Picky, picky, picky......

Next you'll be saying I've missed the cheek guns and the turrets are too small...[:D][:D][:D] (nobody is as harsh a critic as youself)[:'(]

Now that you mention it, the turrets do look about 1.75 pixels too small...[8D]

Reg -> RE: Combined Historical Scenario - Allied Aircraft Art (11/19/2005 12:12:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Now that you mention it, the turrets do look about 1.75 pixels too small...[8D]

Strangely enough, that's not too far from the truth when you only have 150 pixels to play with. In reality, it's 1 pixel and a 75% colour gradient but a gradient of which colour?? (this is where the true artists shine.....)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI