Good Stuff! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns

Bane -> Good Stuff! (11/24/2004 10:09:28 PM)

Aloha!
Just wanted to say good game, and are there any hopes for an expansion or a sequel?!!

I originally got this game many months ago, but could never make it through the tutorial. So in frustration I removed it from the HD. Then a couple of days ago, I saw it on my shelf, and gave the forums here a good read.

In turn, I found an excellent post explaining the turn system [LarkinVB] -- and that post/sticky gave me the understanding that I was lacking in finishing the tutorial.

That post should be added to the manual [;)]

Also found the excellent package of tables and documents that contained a whole ton of info that really rounded things out very nicely!

Long story short - now that I understand the game -- I can really marvel at how well it puts everything together. There's a lot going on under the hood and it basically has everything I was looking for in a mech game.

...and I've tried them all, from steel battalion to mech warrior -- all left me wanting...

Good stuff!!

Quick question, can people play on a same team against the AI or other people, or is it one player one team sorta thing?

Coyote27 -> RE: Good Stuff! (11/25/2004 10:56:26 AM)

By default players 1 and 3 fight against player 2 (and 4 if he's there is allies with 2), so you can team up with another human against a computer squad or a third human with double the tonnage or go two vs two.

LarkinVB -> RE: Good Stuff! (11/25/2004 11:24:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bane

Aloha!
Just wanted to say good game, and are there any hopes for an expansion or a sequel?!!

Quick question, can people play on a same team against the AI or other people, or is it one player one team sorta thing?

No expansion/sequel. We did this in our spare time over a long period. Now I'm just playing games, not coding them.

You can split squads and allocate the members to different teams during setup.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI