Draining Old Depots? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

cfulbright -> Draining Old Depots? (8/30/2021 10:24:57 PM)

Once I move on from Sicily, Corsica, and Sardinia, and also leave behind the North African air bases, I have some depots with large stockpiles of freight - often 100K or even 200K of freight, even 30 turns after I set the depots to 0 priority. Is there any way to get these depots to drain their freight? And if not, is there any downside to disbanding a depot with all that freight that's sitting idle?

As a frugal person, it goes against my instincts to disband depots that have a lot of unused freight.

Cary

loki100 -> RE: Draining Old Depots? (8/31/2021 8:00:25 AM)

I think the problem is that to start to move freight draws off the local port or railyard capacity. So it arrives say using the ports in N Africa but it can only leave using the local ports.

If you disband, most is lost but some goes to the pool.

Being from a calvinist background, I share your distaste for waste [8D]

edit: I also suspect (but can't prove) that the shipping is allocated first for the NSS exporting ports then to any secondary demands, so that also limit the scope to clear out say Sardinia.

cfulbright -> RE: Draining Old Depots? (8/31/2021 11:14:54 PM)

Roger - so are you saying I should just rip off the bandage and disband all those depots, including the ones on the Italian mainland but way behind the lines like Reggio Calabria or Crotone?

Cary

Denniss -> RE: Draining Old Depots? (9/1/2021 7:23:33 AM)

Just leave them at zero priority and ignore them. No need to take action, either freight gets moved out or not.

cfulbright -> RE: Draining Old Depots? (9/1/2021 3:15:50 PM)

Dennis,

In some cases there are hundreds of trucks still assigned to rear depots with 0 priority.

Cary

Denniss -> RE: Draining Old Depots? (9/1/2021 6:29:05 PM)

Ouch, depending on truck needs it may indeed be useful to disband them. I hope this works better in WitE2 and may be ported back to WitW

loki100 -> RE: Draining Old Depots? (9/2/2021 10:03:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Roger - so are you saying I should just rip off the bandage and disband all those depots, including the ones on the Italian mainland but way behind the lines like Reggio Calabria or Crotone?

Cary

as with Denniss' comment, I'd leave them. The issue for the allies is not the existence of supply its the delivery to the front lines where you need it. So makes no practical difference if its stuck on Sardinia or N Africa?

but your secondary pt re trucks is valid, the trucks are prob of far more use than the freight.

This is a lot better in WiTE2 where the trucks get moved off if a depot has freight but no demand

Roger

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.296875E-02