Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

Maerchen -> Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (8/20/2021 7:07:54 AM)

Hello Vic and forum!

AS Zgrssd confirmed in another thread, the recruit rolls are pure random, so a good interior does nothing in recruiting suiting leaders, which is a bummer and unrealistic.

I suggest adding a modifier to recruit rolls in relation to the leadership/admin roll of the involved interior director. I'd see it as classic HR headhunting.

Maybe the Interior roll could bump up the Cap by 1 or add a +10 attribute modifier on juniors/civilians,
or +1 cap and +10 WAR stat on military or -10 age on seniors?

Zanotirn -> RE: Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (8/21/2021 5:34:50 AM)

Doesn't the manual say that new leaders get bonuses to skills from your regime's levels? Adding another bonus systems on top of that may be too much. Also more elaborate headhunting is represented by different recruitment cards.

Maerchen -> RE: Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (8/21/2021 10:42:24 AM)

The recruitment card mechanics are pure RNG. Could you point me to the manual chapter you refer to? Meritocracy gets a bonus to leaders, at 90+, IIRC.

Zanotirn -> RE: Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (8/21/2021 4:44:26 PM)

It's in 5.6.2.7

Tech level...Also provides a Technical Skill Family increase for newly recruited Leaders.

Admin level... Also provides a Command Skill Family increase for new Leaders.

Civilisation level... Also provides an Interpersonal Skill Family increase for new Leaders.

zgrssd -> RE: Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (8/21/2021 5:07:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zanotirn

It's in 5.6.2.7

Tech level...Also provides a Technical Skill Family increase for newly recruited Leaders.

Admin level... Also provides a Command Skill Family increase for new Leaders.

Civilisation level... Also provides an Interpersonal Skill Family increase for new Leaders.

It is not impossible that is actually implemented.
But I find it extremely unlikely. And it would be outside of modable code either way.

postfux -> RE: Add a modifier to Recruit XYZ rolls (8/25/2021 6:43:58 AM)

I personally would love a sysrem where your "society" produces a pool of potential leaders with regime, assets, military organization, culture ... playing a role. This leaders can then be recruited once they have a certain seniority.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI