Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

thedoctorking -> Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (7/30/2021 2:36:31 AM)

The heavy rocket brigades seem like they should be artillery and thus be able to join prepared attacks from two hexes away, but I'm having trouble getting one to join in. Is there something I'm missing?

Mehring -> RE: Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (7/30/2021 9:41:39 AM)

Regular arty was often used close range, but I think rockets were inherently short range. None could reach 10 miles.

Yogol -> RE: Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (7/30/2021 9:53:59 AM)

The 150mm NbW 41 Rocket on the Nebelwerfer in the Werfer Battalions have a range of "only" 7300. Further then I thought, but still not nearly enough to cross a hex.

And the 280/320 mm NbW 41 Rocket in the Heavy Werfer Batallion has range of 2250 (which is even shorter then the 75mm in the Stug of the SP Artillery).

thedoctorking -> RE: Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (7/31/2021 12:09:41 AM)

The answer is yes, but since they are motorized, you need a bunch of movement points left for them to participate in a prepared attack.

Maybe not as useful as I had at first thought. They also use a heck of a lot of trucks. But they seem to have a good punch if you can get them in position in advance without the Axis running away once they see them. I recommend using a whole bunch to bust up a prepared position.

Q-Ball -> RE: Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (7/31/2021 12:07:18 PM)

The Rocket Divisions are a better unit, more firepower relative to truck use, particularly the '43 upgrade that uses all Heavy Rockets

thedoctorking -> RE: Are USSR Rocket units artillery? (7/31/2021 4:16:33 PM)

Good point, I haven't gotten to that point in my game but maybe I'll disband the brigades at that point. Can you combine two brigades into a division as you can with rifle brigades? That would be handy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI