Special Forces supply decay (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

EarlyDoors -> Special Forces supply decay (7/16/2021 6:46:38 AM)

i always thought that the supply of special forces drops by 1 point per turn but i've had a UK SF unit in the hex SW of Narvik that seems to have gone 7 > 5 > 3 > 0

Are they affected by weather? This hex is Mountain and often frozen

BillRunacre -> RE: Special Forces supply decay (7/16/2021 10:21:02 AM)

Their supply should drop at 2 per turn, and this effect lasts for a maximum of 5 turns.

Could it therefore be that the last drop, of 3 points, happened after the fifth turn since landing?

EarlyDoors -> RE: Special Forces supply decay (7/16/2021 12:21:31 PM)

Yes it probably was !

Ok, i didnt realise they dropped by 2 per turn, no wonder my amphibious assaults suck

EarlyDoors -> RE: Special Forces supply decay (7/20/2021 2:51:44 PM)

If a SF unit assaults and takes a resource so that next turn it is behind its own frontline
and its supply is greater than that provided by resource / hq
will it decay by 1?

It seems to which is i think the source of my original confusion

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Special Forces supply decay (7/20/2021 7:12:12 PM)

I'd like to see more supply on Pacific Island battles. Need more damage at the Battle of Manilla, Okinawa, New Guinea, etc.

BillRunacre -> RE: Special Forces supply decay (7/21/2021 8:54:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors

If a SF unit assaults and takes a resource so that next turn it is behind its own frontline
and its supply is greater than that provided by resource / hq
will it decay by 1?

It seems to which is i think the source of my original confusion

My understanding of the rule is that they revert to normal supply once they have access to a supply source, i.e. the special rule applies to help with the landing, but once it has had some success then normal conditions resume.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Special Forces supply decay (7/24/2021 3:55:56 PM)

This is correct, it should still decay until it either reaches zero supply, or the normal supply takes over as providing the most supply to the unit, e.g. if the normal supply will provide 5, but the unit is at 8, it will drop to 6 as that is still greater than the normal supply. On the next turn, instead of dropping 2 more to 4, it will settle on the value of 5 from the normal supply.

At least this is how it should work.

Hubert

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02