Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

cj95 -> Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? (7/12/2021 4:55:07 AM)

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask....

In transferring some old OAOW III scenarios to version IV, I run into some odd sound and equipment issues.

For instance in a ZULU WARs scenarios it is warning I am using the wrong equipment file, and I find self propelled guns and Anti tank squads in my 1879 British regulars?

My horses also make distinct automobile sounds.

And idea how, or where to look for answers? Id hate to not be able to play the wealth of old scenarios just for using the newer engine.

Thanks

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? (7/12/2021 2:26:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cj95

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask....

In transferring some old OAOW III scenarios to version IV, I run into some odd sound and equipment issues.

For instance in a ZULU WARs scenarios it is warning I am using the wrong equipment file, and I find self propelled guns and Anti tank squads in my 1879 British regulars?

My horses also make distinct automobile sounds.

And idea how, or where to look for answers? Id hate to not be able to play the wealth of old scenarios just for using the newer engine.

Thanks

In your TOAW III Graphics folder, there must have been a scenario-specific folder for this scenairo. You need to copy it to TOAW IV Graphics.

cj95 -> RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? (7/12/2021 4:53:08 PM)

Ah...this may be the problem.

I never owned toaow iii and only downloaded a big batch of old scenarios from a website I found.

I'll have to double check.

cathar1244 -> RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? (7/12/2021 6:25:25 PM)

Are you loading the scenarios into the scenario editor and saving them again?

Cheers

cj95 -> RE: Wrong Equipment and sounds in Old version III Scenarios? (7/14/2021 3:22:32 AM)

No. I hadnt realized that was necessary.
I will try that out as an option next time. Many thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI