[Answered] Command: Modern Operations Linux Support? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

0x6f6f66 -> [Answered] Command: Modern Operations Linux Support? (7/9/2021 1:07:37 AM)

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting CMO, but have Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS as my operating system. Searching the web, I found that most people reported that CMANO didn't work on Linux (with Wine) with some people managing to make it work. However, there are no such reports for CMO.

Do any of you run CMO on Linux successfully? If so, how did you go about it? I would love to know.

Thanks!

Marthinwurer -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Linux Support? (7/9/2021 8:55:49 PM)

I was attempting this today myself. There's an issue with how CMO gets obfuscated where invalid bytecode is generated. I had a whole post with my findings written up but it won't let me post it because I reference stackoverflow and SmartAssembly docs

Rory Noonan -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Linux Support? (7/12/2021 8:17:50 PM)

Hey guys,

At the moment Windows is the only supported operating system for Command. We have had some professional interest in Linux as a platform so this may eventuate down the track.

There's an (unsupported and unofficial) project to get CMANO running on Linux. I don't have the link available but it shouldn't be too hard to find with a search engine.

kovyakov -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Linux Support? (7/17/2021 2:45:43 PM)

I have interest in it too.
Already bought CMANO and CMO, but since right now I'm only running Linux there is no way to play.

BDukes -> RE: Command: Modern Operations Linux Support? (7/17/2021 5:40:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kovyakov

I have interest in it too.
Already bought CMANO and CMO, but since right now I'm only running Linux there is no way to play.

Imagine your intent is to run native but have you tried a Linux Windows VM? If you're in a jam might be the way to go.

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI